When paypal denies a claim because a seller tricks them into believing an item is "delivered".

SSC101
New Community Member

Hi,

I am amazed that as simple a scam as this seems to waltz past Paypal but apparently so.

I ordered an item from a seller and paid via paypal thinking I had some protection. Immediately the seller website disappeared and the tracking number led to a broken link. I raised a claim to Paypal that my item was not delivered and they contacted the seller.

The seller then cleverly sent out an envelope with a worthless small chain calling it a "free gift" in the envelope and they gave that tracking number to Paypal to "prove delivery".

Without even checking with me, Paypal denied my claim saying seller had proved delivery.

I have photos of the envelope (with the tracking number on it) which is too small to enclose the real item I bought. It is as blatant a scam as you will find and I can easily prove it.

Sadly, Paypal offer no way to reopen the case and no way to speak to a human to explain the issue. I feel silly for falling for the scam, but also never imagined Paypal security could get fooled so easily. No wonder these scammers are encouraged and prevalent!

Don't suppose anyone has found a way to combat this?

Thanks!

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.