When I issue a refund how to I ensure my item gets returned?

colekathryn1999
Contributor
Contributor
I've recently mixed up 2 orders on my depop and both buyers want a refund. I want to give them the refund plus provide shipping if necessary to receive my items back but how do I know they will send my item back?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Ragnar_Lothbrok
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Good day @colekathryn1999 

I hope all is well.

That is a good question though. Well, if your buyers are willing to ship the item back to your first before you process a refund, without filing a case, that would be great! As we don't want you to initiate a refund without having any assurance that your products will be returned to you. Correct? Otherwise, you may want to consider advising them to initiate a dispute from their ends. After that, both of you will have a capability to escalate the dispute to a claim if problem occurs.

For reference, please see What is the difference between a dispute and a claim? 

I hope this helps!

***If you saw a post that is helpful, kindly give the author Kudos or accept it as a solution. Thank you and keep safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.