What will happen to payments sent to a limited PayPal account?

KeyJayPi
Contributor
Contributor

Simply put; my account got limited a few weeks already and I'm worried about the payments that were sent to my account. Will they be held my PayPal until my limitation is lifted?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hi @KeyJayPi

Thanks for the clarity! While an account is limited, you won't be able to receive money. The person sending the money would receive an error message stating that the recipient cannot receive money at this time and it would be denied. Once the limitation is resolved, they can try to send the payment again. 

- Callie 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_Callie

Hi @KeyJayPi

Thank you for reaching out to the PayPal Community about this. I can understand wanting to figure out what will happen. Yes, while your account is limited, any funds in your balance will be held until the limitation is resolved. If you need further assistance, you can always reach us through Facebook, Twitter, or by going to the bottom of any PayPal page under "Help" or "Contact."

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

KeyJayPi
Contributor
Contributor

Thank you for the response, dear Mod. But the thing I wanted to know is not my current balance, but the payments sent to my account. Because during the time my account was limited, I was sent payment from a company. So my question is that whether that payment is held by PayPal or denied by PayPal because of the limitation.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Callie

Hi @KeyJayPi

Thanks for the clarity! While an account is limited, you won't be able to receive money. The person sending the money would receive an error message stating that the recipient cannot receive money at this time and it would be denied. Once the limitation is resolved, they can try to send the payment again. 

- Callie 

Login to Me Too

KeyJayPi
Contributor
Contributor

...oh dear.

Thank you Mod for the much needed answer.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.