What to do when seller's tracking number shows delivered, but you did not recieve it.

grussell59
Contributor
Contributor

There appears to be a regular scam related to purchases off of the Internet and even Facebook. You make a purchase, use paypal (You feel Safe) and may even get a message from Paypal asking if the purchase is legit. You recieve an email from the seller showing your tracking number and you thinks all is good. You track your purchase up until it shows delivered only to find that it was not delivered to you. I believe foriegn sellers are mailing "whatever" to an address in the same city as the buyer in order to get a tracking number with the intention of never shipping the product purchased.

BEFORE YOU FILE A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL FOLLOW THESE STEPS

1) Contact your post office and ask them to look up the delivery address for the tracking number your seller provided you. You will probably find that the actual address of delivery for the tracking number is not yours. If this is the case ask the post office to send you a print out of the PRODUCT TRACKING & REPORTING page. The print out will show the tracking number and the address the package was delivered to.

2)Save all correspondence from the seller that shows your order confirmation, delivery address and tracking number as a PDF.

3)File your dispute in the resolution center including the USPS Product Tracking & Reporting page and the correspondence from the seller.

4)If Paypal does not side with you call their customer service phone number (Google has it) and discuss with a human.

FYI, Be careful buying online, if the price is really attractive it probably is a scam.

Good Luck,

GDR

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Broburt
Contributor
Contributor

i was scammed by a Facebook advertiser. i submitted an order for $113.18 to an online store, never received shipment. when i disputed the charge, PayPal "investigated" and found a UPS tracking number that supposedly confirmed that my package had been delivered. when i traced that tracking number, it came back to an Amazon purchase that i had made during the same timeframe. both orders had been thru my PayPal balance. the only entity that had shipping info for BOTH orders was PayPal, therefore PayPal MUST BE cooperating with these online scammers. PayPal is lying and stealing from us, folks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.