What to do when a buyer claims against you but will not communicate with you

Historic1
New Community Member

I sold a MacBook on eBay over 2 months ago. It was as new and still under warranty. The buyer received a 10 discount from eBay. She has now filed a claim "Significantly not as described" against me through PayPal rather than through eBay for the full amount.

She has used the MacBook for 2 months.

She has made no attempt to contact me in any way.

I have tried to contact her by email, by phone and have received no responses whatsoever.

She continues to communicate to PayPal about the case as this fact is looked into the case history  but still makes no attempt to contact me the seller.

I have phoned PayPal and explained my side of the story. I have emailed PayPal twice. However none of these phone calls nor the 2 emails are logged in the case history.

Yesterday I received an email fro PayPal saying the case was closed, as it did not constitute as significantly as described.

However now I receive an email indicating the case is not closed and the buyer is logged in the case history of sending 2 emails to PayPal.

Yet, I still have received not a single contact from the buyer since she received the MacBook.

She gave positive feedback at the time, but now after 2 months all this is going on.

What constitutes fairness when a buyer won't communicate with a seller, when a buyer uses a product for 2 months for what I understood was university purposes and at the end of the year wants her money back but refuses to communicate with me, and to top it off my communication is not being logged into the case history.

I've been selling using PayPal for 15 years surely fairness is due. 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.