What to do when Paypal does nothing

whitewombat
New Community Member

I opened a case about a month ago where I was scammed by a Chinese seller with a very elaborate advertisement of a security camera.  It had all the bells and whistles WiFi, Internet , remote viewing and control, I bought 2, what I got was 2 miniature cameras that were selling on ebay for less than a 1/5th the cost and virtually useless.  I tried contacting the seller direct and they offered a series of increasing offers but nothing close to my cost.  I lodged with Paypal a dispute saying I wanted a full refund , I uploaded the transaction details and a link to the sellers advertisement, after several weeks Paypal emailed to say I was getting a full refund but I had to post the items back to the  seller and I only had about a week to send details of the tracking number.  I replied that the seller should pay for the return postage as they are the ones who sent the unwanted items but had no apparent reply and with only 2 days to go I paid and posted the return.  I sent Pay pal the Tracking number and a scanned copy of the Post Office receipt via Paypal assistant as the instructions of how to upload the information did not work.  A few days later I was told they closed the case because I did not provide the tracking number, I contacted again via Paypal assistant and did the same, the next information I received now was that the tracking information was invalid.

What else can I do???

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.