What the hell takes a case so long to be reviewed?

Adamp2
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered an item on the 8th July that should have been delivered by 14th July. The item hadn’t turned up so I contacted the courier (UPS) on around the 16th. A snotty woman from my local UPS depot phoned and told me that it had missed being loaded onto the van the last couple of days but assured me that they had my parcel and it would be delivered the next day. It wasn’t and has since gone missing. Due to my phone call to UPS they updated the tracking information to ‘We received a request from the receiver to reschedule the delivery.’ This is obviously false as delivery was never even attempted and the original delivery date had passed before I phoned.

Fast forward to 31st July and I contact them again, this time they update it to ‘The package is being held for a future delivery date. We'll attempt to deliver on the date requested’. At this point I was fed up with waiting so contacted the seller on eBay, without a reply, to find out where it was. I then messaged again saying I was fed up of waiting and for them to have it redirected back to them and refund me but my messages went unanswered.

I decided to open a case with eBay but they kept putting the case on hold due to the UPS incorrect tracking data stating that the parcel was still on the way. I contacted UPS yet again to correct their tracking information but their response was that the package was lost and to contact eBay to get them to raise a claim, problem being is they won’t because they think I’ve asked UPS to hold the parcel.

Ebay we’re being of no use so I decided to contact PayPal in the hopes that they’d be more helpful, eBay then closed their case without refunding me.

The seller has now deleted his eBay account, eBay closed their case and PayPal kept postponing the result whilst reviewing information provided by the seller. I’m not sure what information the seller has provided or why eBay do not contact UPS instead as they are aware that the package has disappeared into the ether and delivery was never even attempted.

The item cost £125 then delivery on top so it’s not like I’m just going to forget about it.

Has anybody else had similar headaches and managed to get any answers?

TIA

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

File a lost package claim with UPS and let them deal with it. They have no proof of delivery. You did not request anything other than "deliver it NOW!!".

The eBay records show the shipper caused the problem--as  you have the messages to prove it.

Login to Me Too

Adamp2
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks, so how exactly does that work? Will they contact eBay and refund them or refund the seller?

I no longer want the item as I purchased a replacement from elsewhere weeks ago so I’d rather not have them miraculously find it and deliver it whilst I’m out leaving me responsible for it.

Login to Me Too

jerryab2
Contributor
Contributor

You file a claim for a lost package. So whatever the insurance coverage you chose (over the standard coverage--if it was needed), that is what you should get (up to the value of the shipment). If you only had basic 100-pound insurance, that is what you should get.

UPS has to then prove they delivered the package to you. Which, IMO, they can not. Keep whatever messages you received from all three (eBay, seller, and UPS) about what was happening--and when. That way, you have proof if they contradict what they said previously.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.