What the hell is wrong with Paypal

JJJgillis
New Community Member

This company is the absolute WORST with customer service. I’m literally at the point where i’d like to sue them. I had an account before I was 18 and they’re using this as an excuse to HOLD MY REFUNDS FROM ME INDEFINITELY.....this is so so so wrong and I hope that justice can be served because this is truly unacceptable. I’ve gotten NOTHING but automated responses when I have done NOTHING but ask to speak to a representative. I am losing my mind. If anyone sees this, use venmo. Use cash app, pay with your debit card straight up because paypal WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY. During a GLOBAL PANDEMIC no less. Disgusting business model and I hope Paypal crumbles. Truly.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

JJJgillis
New Community Member
By the way, I am 19 now. I used paypal GUEST CHECKOUT to make the purchase that was refunded (due to the device completely being malfunctioning) and now I have to go through an entire refund negotiation to get what’s rightfully mine???? Absolutely awful. Paypal is the literal WORST.
Login to Me Too

UnrealWorld
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I really don't like saying negative things about anybody but here is my problem:

1. I have had a negative balance for a week now. That part was mostly my fault. I had a late posting bill take the money that I was supposed to pay someone with and that left no money in the bank when they tried to transfer. They did try the next day to withdraw the funds, but the money was still not there for them. The next day the money was there but PP had already paid out and put the balance as a negative amount due them. I made the necessary payment to cover it and a week later they did not process it yet. I've made calls and left messages but the issue was not addressed. Since then I had to make another payment which they sent as an e-check because I had a negative balance. But, I already paid the balance and it was taken from my bank account. Should have settled right there and done, but no. Now I have 3 pending payments for a week and no one can claim their money because of my negative balance. ?????? I've been with PayPal for many many years and have never experienced such delays with my payments. Now I look bad in the eyes of those who I tried to pay. I just want it all to be over but they say I need to wait... for something. I have a really bad feeling that no one is actually at PayPal and everything is being handled remotely by some guy on his home computer.

2... there really is no 2, but I feel so upset by this situation and totally at the mercy of some complete stranger with my money. It makes no sense to me at all.

Login to Me Too

UnrealWorld
Contributor
Contributor

My situation is resolved. That is the good part. Soon after I got the confirmation that all was good, I got a message from someone by what appeared to be a representative of PayPal, but something told me to beware. The message read that my account was suspended due to unusual activity on my credit cards linked to the account. ??? 

1. Don't log in from the message. It's a fake!!!!

2. I logged in the regular way and went to my summary and activity pages and found nothing unusual and my account was not suspended.

3. I did get confirmation from a live representative that no one is in the PayPal offices anymore.

4. I really feel violated because when we signed up for this community page there was a statement saying something like - your account information and email address and personal information is available to members of the community. ??? I thought that was odd, but never suspected that anyone would use that information for malicious purposes like perpetuating a scam. Don't be fooled into complacency (if you don't know what those words mean look them up) there are evil forces out there ready to ruin your life. It's just the nature of who we are as a species.

Lucky for me my bank is on top of situations like this and I'm completely covered in case of unauthorized transactions!!!

Thank you. Be safe, use reasoning.   

Login to Me Too

charleec
New Community Member

i agree they are stealing my refund also and they keep changing the resolution date and it's been over two months that i've been trying to get my refund.  What kind of business does not allow you to talk with them about my account....it's been HELL  i also hope they don't survive as a company because they sre the worst

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.