What should i do?

StephAngel
New Community Member

I bought an item with paypal and the seller refused a  refund and instead tried to offer me a different item completely unrelated or my choice of items of equal value. after them saying they could refund me in 7 hours i came back the next day like 15 hours later and the people said 12 hours more and we can do your refund. this sketched me out so i took to the internet to find out more only to find out since 2012 they have been doin this waiting till money clears and basically scamming people. basically in a nutshell like chinese goldsellers that welch when they have nothing in stock.  the purchase was made as a guest so i had to call because it would not show as a transaction for my  log in paypal even tho i used paypal as my method of checkout. after 2 days and 4 hours on live chat and waiting on phone for a person to answer i briefly explain that iam a combat disabled veteran and me and my wife my VA caretaker share a  mutual paypal as shes my caretaker and has power of attorney of about everything as i was wounded overseas and currently pretty messed up. so they make me call her in the middle of her job after giving them all valid credentials 3 way and  inform me they got the refund processed and it would be there. she said and because your one of i see here our valued paypal user//customers dont recall exact literature iam giving you a 100$ waiver/credit usable in online only paypal basket and u willl recieve a  email about it after the call within a day.. after a day i contacted paypal live chat and they acted like they never saw or knew what i was talking about and played live chat tag for 2 days only for me to come abck to the chat closed and the messages unobtainable now but the last one saying something about how to file a dispute.. completely  unrelated to what the issue even is..  all in all this ordeal has costed my girlfriend being wrote up at work alot of stress i mean its coool they wanted to be nice but i did something stupid that was importat at the time thinkin i had money usable via paypal to cover it as a credit for everythnig we had to go through. now paypal messenger and there phones do not work for either of our lines almost like they blocked me .. i find it weird. anyone else ever had this happen. they legit told me all i stated in regards to this credit over the phone and are just pretending to not even address it?

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.