What should I do?

GHuron
New Community Member
Seven weeks ago (2/22/2020) I ordered a part for my vehicle and payment was confirmed. Said part was ordered through a 3rd party vendor who sells aftermarket parts for the specific vehicle I own. I have purchased parts before with no problems from said vendor, but nothing this expensive. This new part cost over $1400 and has a lead time from the manufacturer of 8-12weeks. The vendor I ordered from gave me a great deal and I saved shipping cost of $300, which would have been additional to the $1400. However, here I am at week seven, anxiously anticipating delivery. So, I decided to contact the manufacturer of the part (not the vendor) and politely ask if there were any expected delays due to covid-19 or anything else. The manufacturer explained lead times are 8-12 weeks as normal and my expected ship date is 7/2/2020. I asked if that was correct and they explained that 7/2 was exactly 12 weeks from the date of the order. So.. the vendor waited 7 weeks from time of payment to actually order the part. At this point I don't want to do business with the vendor simply based on principle. I've tried contacting the vendor with no response. Is a refund an option? Should I hold out and try to work this out with the vendor? Please help.
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.