What should I do?

Cher2902
Contributor
Contributor

I filed a claim to request a refund from the seller because I didn't receive my item (despite them saying that they already shipped it). However, instead of replying to Paypal, they emailed me directly and told me to close the Paypal claim because they did indeed ship it out already. What should I do? Do I trust them and close the case? Or wait for them to reply Paypal on their side of the case? But should they even be emailing me in the first place? 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

PayPal_Kristina
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @Cher2902 ,

If you have filed a claim already I'd let it run through PayPal unless you have received either a refund or the item in the meantime. PayPal will reach out to the seller and ask for proof of shipping on your behalf as well as validate it. I am not sure where you are in the process but this is a good FAQ from the Help Center: https://www.paypal.com/sg/smarthelp/article/how-do-i-escalate-a-dispute-to-a-claim-faq822

The one thing to note about the PayPal process is that it can be lengthy due to the time frames that are given for each party to respond. If you can find a resolution with your seller amicably that's always best.  🙂

I hope all works out for the two of you. 

~Kristina 

Login to Me Too

PayPal_Kristina
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Just a quick add on to what I've written earlier. Some sellers may appear really nice and helpful and want you to close the claim. Just be careful. Unless you have the item or the refund in your PayPal account don't close the claim prematurely. I've also seen examples where there were fake refund emails sent. The refund is only in your account when you log into PayPal and see it with your own eyes in the balance. Thought that was an important after-thought given my statement about amicable resolution with sellers. 😉

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.