What's DD Business Information

tulasgrp
New Community Member

HI! I got my PP account limited and asked to provide some documents for resolving. In which I need to provide DD Business Information.

I don't know what is this DD Business Information. Please help!

Login to Me Too
14 REPLIES 14

gorynich777
Contributor
Contributor

What I did was submit a tech support ticket (or whatever it's called), after which they asked me to elaborate upon my business model.

Then, I submitted my business model instead of the DD documentation (or whatevs it's called).

P.S. 

Keep in mind they don't accept .txt files. 

Login to Me Too

Yatko
New Community Member

"DD Business Information" is something, that's what it is. What it isn't:

• Certificate of Registration
  • Articles of Organization
  • Annual Report

I know this because we're trying (not too hard) to re-enable our company account for over 1 year and we sent the above, wasn't good.

The best thing is that there is no answer about why these aren't good and what would please PayPal. On the positive side, there is a clear explanation sent to your email on file; on the negative side, the above-mentioned clear explanation doesn't arrive to your email on file 😄 Good thing is that you can request it again so it doesn't arrive again (before you ask, yes we tried with another personal account, no email). So it's a guessing game ... I guess.

My personal account was more important so we made a phone call/sent a message and all was fixed. With the business account I'll wait, let's see, still have a few decades till retirement, will wait it out.

Login to Me Too

josecorpas
New Community Member

I'm also been asked for charity info, but we are not a charity organization. It looks like they just want us to quit using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Paul290
Contributor
Contributor

As I could not find what the DD business information was, I just asked Paypal via their stupid message centre. They replied asking for a few specific documents of my company (some that I had already sent previously) and to answer some questions about my business. They made me load it all via their https://www.paypal.com/va/cardconfirmfail/ page (even is it had nothing to do with cards).

All in all, it took me a few months to get rid of the account limitation and to get my money back (several thousands of dollars). And it was a tough struggle. Like when you play without knowing the rules... and when you think you understood the rules, they change !

I have sent tenths of messages via the message centre and uploaded many documents, some several times.

My advices :

1- Don't use Paypal.

2- Don't use Paypal.

3- Don't ever leave money on Paypal.

4- When you send a message via the message centre, always start by something like "I write to you today 31/08/2020..." because the messages are not showing dates, only times ! So after sending tons of messages, you get lost if you want to find some older messages... I reckon this is another way to make things difficult and slow the procedures (so they can make more money with your money). This way your messages will also show that you are serious and I am pretty sure they will be less prone to mess with you.

5- Take the time to write clear and detailed messages, if needed re-explaining something you wrote a few messages back. The guys who answer via the message centre are never the same and quite a few don't seems to speak good English... And as it takes 24-48h to get an answer, better spend a few minutes writing something again now rather than having to write several messages.

6- When you upload a file, always send a message via the message centre informing them and asking them to confirm they received it. If they don't find it (it happens), at least you know it and can upload it again immediately. 

7- If they ask you a question via email (with a noreply address) or ask you to describe your business, etc, write the answer on Word or another word processor, convert it to pdf and upload it as any other file.

8- If they start to be really annoying and you know you did not do something wrong, feel free to show in your messages that you are fed up (avoid swear words though). For me it seems that it speeded thing up.

9- If you are in Europe (unfortunately not my case), you can apparently contact www.cecluxembourg.lu for free legal help.

Hope this helps.

Login to Me Too

CapSt
New Community Member

Hello Fellow Merchants

I can understand the pain and frustration in this thread as I have experienced it myself and am still working through it.

I just thought I might have an answer to the DD abbreviation and would submit my guess if it can help someone get the limitation lifted faster and access their money.

It may be Detailed Description Business Information. It does not make grammatical sense. But I can see that Paypal Support is constantly referencing a description of the business in their correspondence. And thus the guess.

Its only a guess and may be worth a shot because its quite a task to get a specific response from the message centre respondents.

Thank You

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.