What is this strange transaction? My bank account has been cleared out

gypsyhick
Contributor
Contributor

Update Note: This was an unauthorized transaction that the merchant suspected was fraud and refunded so the refund is in transit, apparently. 
=========================================================================================
I am very upset. Today when I went to use my debit card, it wouldn't work due to insufficient funds. Sure enough, a giant transaction had been put through with PayPal however it was not done by me or my husband, and the company is completely unfamiliar. I instantly called Paypal and reported, and an email came in shortly after that this was closed in my favour but now I just received another email that "After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction was not unauthorized and hence couldn't be covered under PayPal Purchase Protection." I could just pass out with stress. I doubt I've used my paypal for anything above $150 in my life. It looks like a refund in the transaction log, but I'm missing $3,222 USD from my bank account so this is most definitely not a refund. When I try to open a resolution ticket from the log, I get an error:

"We're unable to file a case on this transaction.

Since this is money you've received, you'll need to contact the sender directly to resolve your issue."

But it's not money I've received. I'm missing SO MUCH MONEY from my bank account. I have no idea what to do. 

This is what the transaction looks like on my Paypal details. I've changed some details (business name and transaction ID). Note this BUSINESSX has no other transactions in my history. 

Transaction details
Payment received from BUSINESSX
September 11, 2020 at 6:20:04 AM EDT
Transaction ID: 123456789
Payment status: PENDING
Expected Clearing Date: September 16, 2020

Gross amount
$3,222.22 USD

Transaction activity Details Gross amount Fee amount Net amount
Sep 11, 2020
Payment to BUSINESSX -$3,222.22 USD$0.00 USD-$3,222.22 USD
Your payment
Gross amount
$3,222.22 USD
PayPal transaction fee
$0.00 USD
Net amount
$3,222.22 USD
Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.