What happens when Paypal sides with fraudulent seller?

ShieldPI
New Community Member

I placed an order with an alleged U.S. based business for a Logitec Webcam for work.  The company's website claims to have offices in the State of Washington.  I place my order which was to arrive in 5-7 business days.  30 days later I follow up with the shipper and discover the order is on it's way from China, but will take 30 days to arrive.  Meanwhile, at work, I am out of a camera to teleconference.  When the shipment finally arrives, I open the small envelope to find "Rayban" sunglasses.  Not my webcam.  I file a dispute with Paypal, I contact the seller who apologizes for the mix up and says they will send another item (from China).  Shortly after my dispute, I receive notice that my personal email was recently discovered on the Darkweb.  The same email used for this order.  I've had the email for 18 years and never a problem.  So I update my email on Paypal and with the shipper.  The shipper provides a new tracking number.  Estimated delivery another 30 days.  Paypal chooses to close my claim because a replacement item was shipped.  I urge them to keep the claim open until I receive my item, since the first shipment was a fiasco, wrong item, also counterfeit Rayban sunglasses.  Paypal closes my claim.  I follow up on the tracking ID after 3 weeks and the order/shipment has been LOST.  I try to login to Paypal to update the dispute (PP-D-64353429) and they have deactivated my account without my consent.  I am unable to login.  I try reaching them through Chat and the tech abruptly terminates the chat with no explanation.  This is about as shady as any business I have ever worked with.  I am out of my money and never received the product I ordered with "purchase guarantee" or buyer protection.  That is BS.  Paypal sided with merchant is the response.  Funny how they can do that when my refund was never processed or shipment received.  I don't need knock-off sunglasses that I never ordered.  It's China, that should explain it all.  Beware of Mairanbe.com.  that was the merchant that defrauded me.  I am reporting them to CA Dept of Consumer Affairs so they have record of this website, as well as Fair Trade Commission.  They need to shut that time down and warn Paypal about these unethical practices.  

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

CSG61
Contributor
Contributor

OMG! I am trying to settle a dispute with Paypal about a Mairanbe order that never arrived.... In the middle of this, I received a package with a pair of fake Rayban sunglasses...I didn't know who they were from and didn't remember ordering them, but figured I had some time in the past and just forgotten since I was doing a lot of online ordering during the beginning of the Coronavirus quarantine. I never dreamed that might have anything to do with the Mairanbe order until this moment when I found this post here! I am stunned. SHAME ON PAYPAL! 

Login to Me Too

Orderbeware
Contributor
Contributor

They did the same thing to me. I order a lawnmower. But got 2 facemask. PayPal sided with the Merchant. Do not shop with Mulatenl.com. They are a rip off.

Login to Me Too

Kathyf74
Contributor
Contributor
Sorry to hear that thing shop with unitby thatsnwho ripped me off I was buying a bissell green shampooer and got nothing at all so they got $100 I got zero Nada. My bank is looking into it to so I hope my bank can get it resolved as I have screenshots of the product and everything paypal is such a rip off
Login to Me Too

Kathyf74
Contributor
Contributor
This happens to me today they closed my dispute because the seller gave a tracking number which I order in jun26 and they gave a tracking number on June 26 that it was delivered how in the same day I'm out $100 because of this I was scammed by unitby I have the screenshots and everything not sure what else I can do
Login to Me Too

QueenEv
Contributor
Contributor
Maybe if many of us report these companies to the FDC and the fact that PayPal is sidingbeith them, we can get the companies shut put of the U.S. abd/or fined. PayPal.shoukd be warned and if not cleaned up fined. Someone is benefitting from these fraud sales.
Login to Me Too

furious12
Contributor
Contributor

Chat is the only way I know to get actual contact. And it takes hours. They will re-open your dispute if you get really ugly with them, but all they do at that point is send another request to the "seller" for proof that the delivery took place and give them yet another three days to respond - goodness knows they will be long gone by then. Just like you, when I first disputed, the "seller" gave a fake tracking number with the same date that I placed the order. I've also filed a complaint with FTC, and plan to cancel my PayPal and venmo accounts one this gets settled. If I had read all these threads before ordering, I could've saved myself a massive headache.  Guess I'll look into Amazon Pay or Google Pay or just stop online shopping altogether.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.