What happen to paypay and customer protection?

Temp20220813ch
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased and item from a online store that accepted paypay payments.  I made this purchases with the thought in mind that since PayPal was an accepted payment method, that I would be protected if the item didn't arrive or the item purchased or received the wrong item. I filed a claim in the dispute resolution center and even appeal both where refused. The first sign of trouble was when checking out with paypal. I don't remember seeing the receiving email address until the confirmation screen. The address was not the address of the store so I went back to the store and check the physical address and contact info. I felt this was a scam so I initiated the claim less than 15 minutes of the purchase.  Then appeal the rejected claim when the package arrived was a phone case not the one hundred and fifth dollar item I purchased.  Paypal has done nothing to protect the me the consumer and after 20 years having a paypal account I'm closing it this week. Fair warning webmasters. If you only option for payment is paypal I'm going elsewhere.

P.S. Paypal is still accepting payments to this scammers email address three week later.

This must be left over from the old paypal back in the day. This does not apply in 2020!
https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/i-didn't-receive-my-item-or-it's-different-than-describe...

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.