What else can I do, Paypal close my case without considering any evidences

kinmod
Contributor
Contributor
Approximately two months ago I made a stupid impulse purchase on a fraudulent website that copied off their products from Kickstarter projects that have not been launched and then offer them for sale. I went in to buy a park and Diamond Helmet because your entire product page was copied off I thought the product was already available. I didn't realize that when they sent me the order confirmation none of the links work to go back to their site and it shows a 404 on my order page. I opened the case with PayPal and then it took PayPal two months to get back to me and said that they have a tracking number and therefore this purchase is legit... the helmet was fifty bucks and what they sent me was a one US dollar China made cap in a really bad Chinese Packaging. I sent PayPal multiple emails which they did not care to consider. I tried contacting the PayPal Thailand number which do not exist and have no respondent[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]but is the contact number that PayPal gives you on every single page that you go through in contact us. It appears that all PayPal care about is the fact that the product has a tracking and as long as there is a tracking They Don't Really Care if the tracking is real or even if they're shipping the right product...as long as there is a shipment, Paypal considers it legit. Anyone else manage to fix this problem or is this a standard Paypal response for resolution centre? It seems a bit wreckless for a service thats there to help online purchase.
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kinmod,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

It sounds like you opened a claim to us to report that you had not received your item. In this type of situation, if a seller can prove that you did receive something we would close the case. What you would need to do is change the type of case you opened to report that you received an item but it is significantly not as described. If the case has already closed we will need to do that for you. All you need to do is get in touch with our customer service team. I understand that you have had difficulty reaching our phone number but you can find us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal and Twitter @AskPayPal .

Rachael 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

PayPal_Rachael
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hi @kinmod,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for posting. 

It sounds like you opened a claim to us to report that you had not received your item. In this type of situation, if a seller can prove that you did receive something we would close the case. What you would need to do is change the type of case you opened to report that you received an item but it is significantly not as described. If the case has already closed we will need to do that for you. All you need to do is get in touch with our customer service team. I understand that you have had difficulty reaching our phone number but you can find us on Facebook www.Facebook.com/PayPal and Twitter @AskPayPal .

Rachael 

Login to Me Too

kinmod
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you, it has been changed for me and I truly hope paypal does something to the scamming website that takes money and send crap instead and feed on ppl who give up trying to open cases.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.