What does TXNBML mean?

Cyndy-in-VT
Contributor
Contributor

I have been searching the internet to find the answer to my question.  I am working on tax deduction info. for our accountant.  I am going through the ACTIVITY for 2020, and clicking on each transaction to get details and funding source for each one.  Most of the time the funding source is one of about three logical possibilities: credit cards, bank accounts, or cash in my PayPal account.  However some statements don't list the actual funding source.  Instead there is this:    Funding details       Funding Source  - $30.31  - TXNBML.    I need to know the source of the payment, otherwise I have to do a lot more digging to find it.

Can anyone explain this code for me, please?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

iTesla
Contributor
Contributor

Hello

I think this is an acronym or 2 of them, search separately TXN and BML, it is possible (Bill Me Later) for BML search acronym related websites which are dedicated to decoding acronyms.

Login to Me Too

Jimw338
Contributor
Contributor
“Bill Me Later” is my guess as well. As for “TXN” - not a clue - maybe “TX” meaning “transmit”? My question is why they didn’t change the it when “Bill Me Later” became “PayPal Credit”. (Since there are probably a lot of people who never *knew* what “Bill Me Later” was) Change it to either “PayPal Credit” or “Synchrony Account”, as that’s the “actual” name of the service. “PPCRDT” or “SYNCRY” I suppose would do in a pinch. If there’s some 6-character “who-would-ever-need-more-than-640-K-ram-days?” limit.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.