What do I do if I put the wrong claim?

will112
New Community Member

I told my mom to report item as not described and she put unrecognized purchase they denied the claim.But it was the wrong claim I have bought a hoodie that was not what it said it was. I have pictures and emails of proof it wasnt legit and the third party service approving it as well. Please Help 

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

d1v1n3_533k3R
Contributor
Contributor

hey there,

@will112 

Try going to the paypal  account and then going into the transaction with which you have the issue. Try pressing the "Report A problem " Button and see if there is an option for "Item Received But Significantly Not As Described". If you see it then press it and open a dispute with seller. You will be put through a conversation with the seller where you can describe your problems with seller and straightly ask for a refund. If the seller agrees then you will have to ship back the item to the seller's address (on your own cost i guess) and also provide paypal with a tracking id of your returned shipment. Once confirmed by the seller your money would be refunded.

If seller is not agreeing for a refund you may escalate the issue with paypal and then the paypal will take the case in thee hands and ask for diffrent evidences from seller as well as you and will decide an outcome in some days.

If you are not able to see the option of reporting for an item not significantly as described then it is because you already made a false claim of unrecoganized purchase(via your mom). Then you will have to contact paypal customer service explaining them and saying the truth about mistakenly reporting a wrong claim.If they found it true they will help you in some way.

Next time be a little aware about such things and do such important things on your own instead of asking someone else to do for you as that person might not actually exactly know the situation you are facing and that might go against you, not being mean tho.

Thanks

this is just an advice not an exact solution

Reagards

Login to Me Too

Maengles
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @will112  In situations like you placed a different dispute reason, no worries because you can have it changed. 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:

• You don’t receive the item
  • You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute to a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

To open a dispute:

1. Go to Resolution Centre.
  2. Click Dispute a Transaction.
  3. Select the button beside the transaction you want to dispute, then click Continue.
  4. Select ‘Item dispute’, click Continue and follow the on-screen instructions.

Note:

• Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
  • Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute.

And in areas where it was a denied claim and you think you have compelling evidence to support the case then you may request an appeal. 

I hope you find this helpful., please accept it as a solution or give the author kudos. 🙂 Thanks!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.