What constitutes a unauthorised transaction

Tri10gy
Contributor
Contributor

recently some one bought some thing on ebay and payed for it on my paypal account. The item was sent to a russian address and Im in Australia so the alarm bells should have been ringing. I lodged a complaint with PayPal and this is their response... 

Thank you for reporting this case. After reviewing your case, we found that this transaction wasn't unauthorised and hence wasn't eligible for Buyer Protection. We've noted the account changes you've reported with this case.
So as far as Im concerned this is clear cut unauthorised transaction but PayPal just wants to fob me off. So what is a unauthorised transaction??  Can i do any thing to appeal this decision or is their buyer protection just a load of rubbish and not worth any thing at all. How can the transaction not be unauthorised when I knew nothing about it. Its not the fact i have lost $50 but the fact some one has got into my Ebay and Paypal account which now doesnt appear safe to use and PayPal doesnt want to do any thing about it
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome tot he PayPal Community.

I suggest contacting customer service and request the review is completed again. 

-David R

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.