What are attested documents?

arfehr345
Contributor
Contributor

What are the attested documents that Paypal is asking for to remove account limitations? It says that it is needed, but nowhere does it say what they are.

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Sidney08
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

Hello @arfehr345 , I hope you're doing fine.

This may include documents to provide your identity, address, a recent name change, or business documents. You can find a list of requested documents in the Resolution Center. You may also check examples of it here : https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3756 

I hope this helps. If you find this helpful, make our community better by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Have a great day and keep safe.

Login to Me Too

arfehr345
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, no. Not acceptable at all. IN the list of required documents it says "attested documents" with NO EXPLANATION at all. There is no one answering phones or emails at Paypal customer service, and I need my account fixed. I NEED TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF DOCUMENT to upload. Can it be anything at all? Because right now there is zero explanation.

Login to Me Too

Ndbright
Contributor
Contributor

I am literally just going to write on a sheet of paper stating that these documents are valid, with my signature, and just upload that... 
Help has been absolutely terrible with the limitation lifting.

Feel like I've sent 100 documents and they keep asking for different things.

I've only made like 3 transfers all time on my account too so it doesn't even make sense lmao

Login to Me Too

OcarinaSchief
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, have you figured out what this issue? I too need "attested documents" And can not find any information about this.

Login to Me Too

D3sksoft
New Community Member

Currently experiencing this issue myself, I uploaded all other documents it asked for but there is no explanation to attested documents.

Login to Me Too

Slachapelle
New Community Member

I don't see any answer to this question anywhere?  Did anyone ever figure this out? 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Just want to say that ‘attested’ documents are documents that are ‘attested’ to be authentic on the original and photocopy version by verified official personnel of the issuing entity or board/notary with an official seal or stamp and signed.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.