What Happened to PayPal Buyer Protection?

TessaMoore
Contributor
Contributor

I used to think using PayPal was the safest way to make purchases on line. I no longer feel that way.

I hired a pet transport service, using PayPal to pay them $200. I specifically asked that if there was a delay they they contact the person who was handling the pickup for me. The agreed day and time came and went without a call, a text, or a show from the company. Eight and a half hours past the ETA the driver showed up. The person handling the pick up for me was asleep and unprepared since she was not informed by the company that they were still on their way.

I saved the entire conversation between myself and the transport company, posted it and sent the link to Paypal when I opened a dispute. I pointed out that, had the company notified my handler of the delay as I requested, she would have been prepared. Some how Paypal still decided in the favor of the company and, according to Paypal policy, there is nothing further I can do about it.

How can Paypal award a company with such horrible service that they can't text a customer when they are running over eight hours behind schedule? I specifically requested this as part of the service. I am beyond baffled by this and very angry with Paypal for advertising "Protection you need, peace of mind you deserve" when it seems clear to me they will simply decide in favor of the account that earns them more money.

I am truly upset over this. Is there nothing more I can do? No person I can speak with? When did Paypal stop caring about honestly protecting their customers?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

GillianEadesLef
Contributor
Contributor

I am having a similar problem and stopped using paypal completely.

I was sent a product that didn't match the description, and got a return, I returned  the goods with photos and tracking details, still no 65 euro refund

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.