Well I just got banned from PayPal for stuff I don't understand

BillBateman
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone have any insight on whether PayPal is worth talking to about this kind of stuff...

After a recent review of your account activity, we've determined you are in violation of PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. As a result, we've permanently limited your account.

Please remove all references to PayPal from your website(s) and/or auction(s). This includes not only removing PayPal as a payment option, but also the PayPal logo and PayPal shopping cart.

Per the User Agreement, when PayPal permanently limits an account due to an Acceptable Use Policy violation, any funds on your account are held for 180 days. After 180 days, if applicable, we'll contact you with information on how to withdraw any money in your PayPal account.

Should any chargebacks result in your account balance falling below zero, then you'll also need to settle the amount owed to PayPal to avoid further action.

You can find the complete PayPal Acceptable Use Policy by clicking Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page.

There is NOTHING that I've done that violates their policy. There was only 6 transactions in the last couple of months since I opened the account. I received money from a couple of venders approved by PayPal and I paid a couple of vendors approved by PayPal. Nothing more or less.

One of the vendors I paid is a Christian business group that has been approved for years and meets monthly. Many of the Christian business owners I know have told me it's all about Christian bias.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Is this worth legal action?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BillBateman 

You need to contact customer services to resolve any limitation OR account specific issues.
Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.