Website gone after purchase

skylane42
Contributor
Contributor

I purchased a item from a website.  Payment was pending on PayPal for several days then, it was paid.  The charge I authorized on PP was not the amount that PP sent to the vendor.  It was more than the agreed purchase price.  I filed for the problem in the resolution center.  The vendors website is now unreachable, I received no purchase confirmation from them.  The last I saw on the site was that my order was being prepared.  Now, PP sent the money to a off shore account.  So is there any chance that I will see any of my money back?  I now believe this was a scam site.  As of right now, there is no way to contact the vendor Vandell .com.

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

Temp20210324
New Community Member

I believe you are referring to the website "vandell.shop"

They are showing up in Google suggested products, as well as Youtube. They appear to have purchased internet advising. The entire website is a scam. The email address is fake, fake physical address, etc. They took money from me via paypal and no product was ever received. I have read many similar stories. Do not do business with this website, they will steal from you/your bank.

Login to Me Too

skylane42
Contributor
Contributor

I already ordered from them only to find out too late.  So, did PP refund your money or did they say because it is an off shore account they can`t do anything about it?   Why don`t they disable that account?

Login to Me Too

skylane42
Contributor
Contributor

Seems everyone know about this site.. why does PP still have an active account for it?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.