Website created duplicate order after sending error message and kicking me off site

watch1
Contributor
Contributor

Hoover Vacunm kicked me off line while processing first order with error message asking me to return later to place my order.  I returned later, checked my account which said zero orders and placed the order again, which went through.  A few hours later, I received 2 separate emails from Hoover verifying separate orders for the same item.  On the same day, within a few hours of placing the order, I tried to contact their customer service by phone twice (before 2 pm Mountain time) but no one would answer, despite the time of operation listing 6 pm as closing.   I opened up chat and explain there was a duplicate order by their technological error.  My account still lists only one order, but the other order number exists outside my account despite an error message telling me it couldn't go through.  Their chat person responded with nothing could be done before next Tuesday and it was uncertain that they could stop the second order.  I tried filing a cancellation with Pay Pal for the order that I was told could not go through, but no response so far.  There is nothing on the Hoover web site about order cancellation.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.