Web site scam, but Paypal silently denies refund

ricbret
New Community Member

I made the mistake of ordering a product on a site that ended up being a scam (no product sent.)  I've exchanged mails several times with the site "owner" but they just spout jibberish and don't answer direct questions.  I've forwarded the correspondence to PayPal but they won't reverse the charges - no reason given.

Is there any recourse or action I can make beyond what I've done?  Paypal seems complicit (they've taken their share of the booty) and seems motivated to keep such actions alive in the world.  If I'd just used my AMEX card directly I would have gotten my money back already!

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Ricky_Tang
Contributor
Contributor
Was this purchase some by doing a "purchase" or did you transfer money to "a friend or family". If you did the later, then you will not get your money back. If you bought and paid with PayPal, then you need to call or online chat with PayPal.
Login to Me Too

ricbret
New Community Member

It was a purchase that went through PayPal's standard store form.  Paypal registered it as a payment to a company.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.