WeChat Purchases

kelvinljy
New Community Member

Hello, i came across an advertisement online which linked me to a WeChat account. I'm currently talking to a seller from China, who is selling me luxury clothes. I would like to ask if PayPal will be able to protect my purchase since I'm transferring the money through PayPal. Will i be able to claim my money back if I do not receive the items? or the items are different compared to what was described? If yes, does the dispute process take a long time? Thank you very much.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

brianlotfi
Contributor
Contributor

What you think is a luxury brandname, in reality is not as luxurious. I do not have your answer in terms of Paypal and whether or not it is covered, But, I know if you live in the US, and somehowat the customs they realize you bought counterfeit products, you will be in deep trouble. Not because any prosecutor is worried that your not buying legit brands is hurtiung the brand. No! The reason is because most counterfeit items being sold on the blackmarket is produced by mobs, drug lords, etc. It is the easiest way they can launder money. Also note that most counterfeit items in one way or another may be tiedf to child labor. My advice, DO NOT DO IT!!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kelvinljy

Paypal buyer protection is never a 100% coverall, you need to go and read up on it yourself in Paypals buyer protection so you can risk assess your transactions.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.