Water Damage Does Not Count!

fallwalking
Contributor
Contributor
Apparently, if you receive a used electronic item and it has water damage, even though no water damage is mentioned in the sale, it’s A-OKAY! We all know that water damage is a sleeping infection that can and will cause failure. Imagine if you bought a used book and it suddenly started on fire! But not before you read a single page of it first. Imagine if you bought a used car from a professional mechanic and the engine fell out a block away, even though they said they looked it over and it was working 100%. Water damage is DAMAGE not a cosmetic fault. I understand if someone didn’t know, but if you buy something from a professional source and they stated it was tested and working 100% to find out that it has a ticking time bomb in it, wouldn’t you feel that you’ve been lied to and that they were defrauding you?
Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@fallwalking 

PayPal purchase protection is not a warranty, guarantee or insurance so it does have its limitations.

If you bought a used item and it was advertised as such, expect that something can eventually go wrong with it and not 100%. Even if it was tested by seller. Escalating to PayPal does not always mean you will get the outcome you hoped for, as they have their own considerations/policies.

Here is what is eligible for SNAD or not:

An item may be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The item is materially different from the seller’s description of it.
  • You received a completely different item.
  • The condition of the item was misrepresented. For example, the item was described as “new” but the item was used.
  • The item was advertised as authentic but is not authentic (i.e. counterfeit).
  • The item is missing major parts or features and those facts were not disclosed in the description of the item when you bought it.
  • You purchased a certain number of items but didn’t receive them all.
  • The item was damaged during shipment.
  • The item is unusable in its received state and was not disclosed as such.

An item may not be considered Significantly Not as Described if:

• The defect in the item was correctly described by the seller in its description of the item.
  • The item was properly described but you didn't want it after you received it.
  • The item was properly described but did not meet your expectations.
  • The item has minor scratches and was described as “used."

If you paid with credit card, dispute through them instead.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

fallwalking
Contributor
Contributor
A replacement laptop screen where 25% of it is stained due to water damage is not usable. Somehow no one takes this into consideration. Unfortunately I used my PayPal balance for this otherwise I wouldn’t have bothered.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.