Watch Scam

Advertex2
New Community Member
Thought it might be useful to warn others of a professional scam involving the sale of watches on Facebook. I recently brought a watch from one of the many company's advertising on Facebook called Brownbell; who trade under the name Fuhai Trading Co., Ltd. In Australia. However, it appears these unscrupulous companies regularly change names to avoid being detected. Anyway, the adds they post are very professional and include video of high quality watches with very sophisticated moving parts and the price is incredible. The problem is, they have no intention of sending out a product like what they advertise, instead they send out a cheap plastic watch, with no moving parts, which doesn't even resemble the watch in their advertisement. Please do not buy from these companies and avoid buying from companies which advertise on Facebook, until they clean up their act and some take responsibility for whom they deal with.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Advertex2 

Thank you 🙏🏻 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

terjzim
Contributor
Contributor
I found a new scam online. Be very careful when trying to locate the right number to call PayPal online. I actually made a mistake and gallery's first number I seen after searching for paypal customer service number. I knew when the guy immediately picked up that that's not how i remember PayPal mode of operation. Usually it's a automated lady that tries to direct your call after some questions in regards to your call. Never ever does anyone ever pick up right away like that. So I was red flagged and made my co vern to the man on the other end of the phone and he assured of course that he was paypal and that I called him for God sakes...so reluctantly I continued in the hopes that I wasn't giving a total criminal access to my entire financial and personal information however he told me i had to go to the store to pick up a security paypal card to fix my account because of hackers. Glee me back up the initial reason for my call was that my friend had sent me money that was on hold for some reason and I didn't understand the hold that was put in that. If course the guy tells me the reason is because my account has neen hacked and that they need to secure my account with this pay pal security card that he told me I had to buy at the store. It sounded way weird to me. But because I did call him and all, I must have PayPal legitimately on the phone. So I continued with the call however, i couldn't go to the store and so he said maybe he could help me on his end if I downloaded an app. Of course these apps give him total access to my entire Phone remotely. I can't believe I actually downloaded not one but 2 apps for him and i waited to see if he was getting anything. He was not successful that way. So he said I just had to go to the store to purchase those security PayPal cards. I had my daughter pick me up and take me to the store. I was instructed to call him while at the store so he could guide me on which card to get. Looking all around for this non existent security card he then tells me "well I guess a Google pay card will work" and so he said if you could put $200 on the Google pay card ....and that's when I felt like I defiantly was being scammed. There's no way anyone from PayPal is going to ask any customer to go to the store and purchase a gift card for $200 for any reason. Give me break. I have a screenshot of the search page I got those number from. They cleverly put the number at the very top of the page. I got real lucky that he couldn't get anything from those apps I downloaded and I'm glad I wasn't dumb enough to actually buy him a $200 card. Who knows how many others aren't so lucky.
Login to Me Too

Bold-Chestnut
Contributor
Contributor
This story sounds totally crazy. Good that you get out of it without a scratch but what a terrible experience. The amount of scam has become so enormous it's like walking through a gangsta area and being scared of getting attacked and robed.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.