cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Was scammed by online buyer & Paypal wont refund me

Highlighted
Contributor

Was scammed by online buyer & Paypal wont refund me

How can I get refund after being scammed and paypal accepting the scammers bogus delivery as proof? I made an online purchase to a shoe website by the name of Manarax and paid them using Paypal. The seller emailaed me informing me that the items inpaid for are out of stock so they can refund me or i can choose another item. I chose refund and they agreed. About a week past and I received an email from paypal saying the seller submitted a tracking number. I immediately contacted the seller again to inquire about my refund and why a tracking number was created when my order had to be cancelled due to it being out of stock. The seller assured me i will het my refund and to disregard the tracking . This is when I realized this person i scamming me. O opened a dispute for refund and paypal denied me a refukd because the seller submitted proof of delivery. Common sense to me is to make sure the delivery address is MINE. I was told to contact UPS to get proof. I told them I have email communications as proof but that wasnt acceptable. So i thought fine im sure UPS will be able to confirm. So they did confirm the address that matched that tracking number is not my address at all and the fact it ismt my address unfortunately they cant give me any details and cant provide me any proof for that reason. But UPS said if Paypal contacted them with the tracking number they can give them the delivery address. I contacted paypal again to inform them of all UPS told me and Paypal said no i need a intranet form from UPS to submit to them. I call UPS again and they have no such form and suggested i get a police report being paypal is giving me the run around. Hundreds of my dollars some person that scams now has and they got away with it by submitting a simple tracking number that says delivered without a delivery address which is so obvious is bogus. I always though Paypal was safest payment method but now I know it isnt. I have my own business and i use paypal as a payment option so now im feeling like an unvalued customer and my money really isnt safe going through them anyone can outsmart them to scam.