Wantse scam

Kristialsamma
Contributor
Contributor

I bought something from wantse.com and trusted it being they accepted PayPal. It was only after I was ripped off I looked into it and seen they are in fact scammers. So many people have reported this to PayPal. How are they still allowed to use PayPal?

Login to Me Too
25 REPLIES 25

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kristialsamma 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. We'll review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/first-dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Jkrogman
Contributor
Contributor
This fraud is HUGE. Please report your issue to the FBI at complaint.ic3.gov We can only effect change of we take action. Paypal needs to take responsibility and step up in regards to vetting and prosecuting these ever increasing fraudulent sellers.
Login to Me Too

Tabodt
New Community Member

Have fun getting paypal on your side they said I made the purchase so they declined the dispute! Paypal should block payments to this site but yet they just help the consumer keep getting ripped off. So I had to put a block from paypal on my credit card and get a new account. Where is the buyer protection. Here’s a transcript of your chat with PayPal from Thu Aug 15 2019 PayPal Virtual Agent : Hi! I'm PayPal's virtual agent. To get started, simply ask me a question. PayPal Virtual Agent : I am still learning, so if I can't help you, I'll direct you to additional resources. Robert : agent PayPal Virtual Agent : Would you like to chat with a Customer Service agent? PayPal Virtual Agent : Estimated wait time is: 3 minutes Robert : Yes PayPal Virtual Agent : Please wait 3 minutes while I get an agent for you. Amarajothi : Hello, welcome to PayPal live chat support. My name is Amarajothi. Amarajothi : Hi Robert! Amarajothi : How are you doing today? Amarajothi : May I know if you are still available on chat? Robert <removed> : hello Robert <removed> : im good how are ou Amarajothi : I am good too, Robert. How can I assist you today? Robert <removed> : Transaction ID ***************** Robert <removed> : ***************** Robert <removed> : ----8T847201347472625----- Robert : august 14 to yours tutor inc Robert <removed> : $59.94 Amarajothi : Thank you for the information. Robert : i belive i was re directed to a fraudulant website that processed this payment instead of the website i was on. i want to cancel this transaction but my case was denied so before i call my bank and credit card i want to work it out with paypal before i reverse payment and file a claim with my bank and credit card Amarajothi : Let me check this for you and will help you to figure it out. Robert : ive been using paypal for 14+ years wheres my buyer protection? Amarajothi : I completely understand and agree with you that you are a loyal customer for us. Amarajothi : I will try my best to help you with this issue. Amarajothi : Robert, I have checked the above transaction ID and see that you have filed unauthorize case for $59.94 money sent to YOURS TUTOR INC on Aug 14, 2019. Robert : yes i was suppose to pay a website not this persons email address Amarajothi : I certainly understand that Robert. Your intention to pay a website not this person but you were redirected and the payment was sent to this person. Amarajothi : And yes you are correct. This case was denied since this transaction was authorized under your PayPal account. Amarajothi : Let me check this further about cancelling this transaction. Amarajothi : Give me a moment please. Amarajothi : Thank you for waiting. Amarajothi : I have tried to cancel this transaction for you but our system is not allowing me to cancel it since this payment was already completed on Aug 14, 2019 and the money was sent to this email address Hall90ie at g mail . Com . Amarajothi : Please accept my sincere apologies in this regards. Amarajothi : In this situation, I would request you to contact your receiver through this email address and request a refund. Robert : so i did not authorise this transaction! i was authorising a payment to to a website want me to upload the picture Robert : that email address is a fraudulant account i contacted it and no response Amarajothi : Thanks for the details. Amarajothi : Let me check this further. Robert : i will provide our conversation and pictures of the paymant to wantse website with a different email address as payment Robert : to my bank and credit card! Amarajothi : I understand how frustrate it could be even I will feel the same in that situation. Robert : google the website it comes up as fradulant! Robert : i contacted paypal yesterday to cancel transaction but you guys will not help me Amarajothi : I have checked for possible options to appeal this case further but I am so sorry since this payment was authorized under this account, system will not consider this transaction as unauthorized so I would request you to file a case with your bank or card directly to proceed further. Robert : thank you this is all the documentation i need from you for refusing my claim good day! Amarajothi : I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you in this regards, I have tried my best but unfortunately couldn't do much more in this case. Amarajothi : Do you have any other questions for me today? Amarajothi : I would like to inform you that our chat session will end in 2 minutes automatically by system due to inactivity, please respond if you have further questions. Amarajothi : I really wanted to assist you further however, it's been a while since your last response and I may need to disconnect this chat. We’re happy to help over email if you'd prefer. Feel free to reconnect with us via chat or you can always email us. Thank you for using PayPal.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Tabodt 

Paypal covers you for unauthorised transactions BUT that means you were hacked and the transaction was made without your consent.

This was not the case as you made the transaction yourself albeit you may have been duped and bought off another website.

May have been better to have filed a dispute for non receipt of item if the website didn't send you anything if that was appropriate.

Paypal is not an insurance policy or a 100% coverall so you need to risk assess your own transactions.

If you have managed to recover the funds directly via your credit card then thats all to the good.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kristialsamma
Contributor
Contributor
I didn’t look into it as I should of because I trusted the site being it had PayPal and I trust PayPal. I do not understand with as many complaints they have why they haven’t removed PayPal from their “business”. It’s ridiculous. I did a dispute before I made this post but I also heard they send junk mail with a tracking number there for PayPal backed the seller. I’m totally concerned still. For myself and others being PayPal still hasn’t disconnected themselves with this site
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kristialsamma 

Paypal does not 'vet' every company, merchant and private seller in the world before they can use their services.

That is why they give you 'some' buyer protection and the rest is up to you to buy safely and risk assess your transactions.

As for complaints against a company it would depend on numbers. For instance if there are 500 complaints on here about a company but that company have also processed 5 million successfull transactions then I guess as a business paypal would still want them.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Kristialsamma
Contributor
Contributor
Um no. I have yet to find someone who had a real transaction with this company. They should shut down their PayPal. If I can’t send my teenager money thru PayPal because she’s not 18 then I shouldn’t be able to send someone who has had nothing but complaints. Also, their huge advertisement about guarantee and safe transaction and great protection then yes I should feel more comfortable ordering from someone just because they have PayPal.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Kristialsamma 

Personally no way would i just 'trust' a person or website just because they accepted paypal !!!

I read up on paypals buyer protection, see what they offer and then risk assess my transactions accordingly.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lookitlookout
New Community Member
The issues are also Google's Fault! They're so duped to show wantse as a provider and advertising is showing up as a legitimate "business" but I have no idea how they monitor or even if they do. I got nowhere trying to contact Google about it, got scammed out of $24.94 on Aug 12, 2019, the same week most of everyone had been scammed. It seems like Wantse China is doing some unscrupulous business practices that are not protected here in the United States. There's no way to get these criminals from overseas. So Caveat Emptor. Buyer Beware. We all have gotten a very expensive lesson taught. If it's too cheap compared to other retailers, then that is a good indication of the scammers at work. It's sad just finding Google and PayPal are getting duped like we are, but they are Billion dollar businesses and we are nobody, just duped consumers. I despise online shopping and advertising now. It ruined my experience, and tells me that I am not alone in my issue with Wantse. They didn't even spell "see" with 2 "e"'s . That is another little hint, isn't it?
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.