Want refund for order that wasn’t dispatched or delivered and seller is missing.

iampam
Contributor
Contributor
Two weeks ago, on 16 Oct 2020, I made a purchase on Esty and paid the seller through PayPal. After one week of waiting for update on DISPATCH STATUS and sending 3 messages to ask for update, I didn’t get any reply from seller AND discovered that the seller’s page is now not found. So sensing that I got involved in a fraud, I alerted Esty. Esty has instructed me to make a refund claim from PayPal but I haven’t from PayPal apart from one reply saying I made the payment as a guest and asking for my details to verify the transaction. Haven’t heard from Pay Pal (on Message Centre) for days now and I cannot proceed with this refund. Is there a local office I can contact? Why are the communication methods With PayPal so impersonal and unresponsive?
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@iampam 

If you need to open a dispute for a 'guest buyer' transaction then you can.......

1. Phone Paypal customer services and see if they will open one for you (difficult at the moment due to covid)
OR
2. Contact your card issuer for a chargeback.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.