Waldorf doll bait-and-switch scam (KIMISS), Longurian electronics commerce,

Tootie585
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone else ordered and paid for handmade Waldorf dolls with "Big set of clothes" from KIMISS, or through their supplier called Longurian Electronic Commerce (which I think is located in Abidjan, Ivory Coast)?  They did not send my order for 2 dolls and the clothing, but did send a pair of very cheap, rather grotesque "dollar store" dolls with one little outfit that did not even fit the dolls.  They looked like those tacky dolls you get in a tavern claw machine.  When I registered a complaint, some character responded with a series of excuses or small % refund offers, and so far has refused to either send a full refund or the 2 dolls and clothes that I ordered.  Now, they have responded to PayPal's dispute resolution investigation with an offer of a $20.00 refund, which I denied, since the original purchase was for about $75.00.  Anyone else have a problem with these guys?  And why doesn't PayPal issue me a credit, since the seller did not supply what I ordered?  I have found many others on a review site who have had the same experience with this seller.

Login to Me Too
16 REPLIES 16

TamerMahrous
New Community Member
Had exactly the same problem offered 10$ from seller . Paypal as a big reputable company stepped in and did nothing and closed the case encouraging fraud. I sent evidence photos and they said as long as same material it is acceptable. And allowed no further communications
Login to Me Too

Melissaroxy
Contributor
Contributor
We had the EXACT same issue. I kept rejecting their pathetic refunds and eventually PayPal issued me a refund. Will never purchase from these sites again. I have learnt to do my research!
Login to Me Too

Frymom
Contributor
Contributor
I cant’t believe they did nothing! How can a company get away with scamming so many people!!! I am so mad
Login to Me Too

Dloposse
Contributor
Contributor

alisonrs
Contributor
Contributor

I've had the same experience. Every few days they offer me another percentage of my purchase price: 10%, 20%, 30%. It's a total scam and I have learned my lesson. I reported them to Facebook since that it where I found the link. I am looking into PayPal now.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@alisonrs 

How do I open a dispute with a seller when a purchase goes wrong?

You can open a dispute in the Resolution Centre of your PayPal account within 180 days of payment if:
•You don’t receive the item OR service
•You receive an item but it’s significantly different than the description on eBay or on the seller’s website

By opening a dispute, you can communicate directly with your seller to work out a problem transaction.

If you reach an agreement with the seller you can close the dispute. If you're still not happy with the result, you can escalate the dispute into a claim. Paypal will review the claim and decide on reimbursement.

These steps apply to Personal accounts. If you have a Business account, please log in to see the steps that apply to you.

To open a dispute:
1.Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Click on the transaction and use the resolve a problem option at the bottom of that details page.

Note:
•Generally buyers must wait at least 7 days from the date of payment to escalate a dispute for an item not received
•Where an item has not been received, please ensure you have given the seller enough time before opening a dispute

DO NOT CLOSE THE DISPUTE UNTIL YOU HAVE A CLEARED REFUND OR YOUR ITEM WHATEVER THE SELLER SAYS. ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ESCALATE THE DISPUTE TO A CLAIM WITHIN 20 DAYS IF THE SELLER DOES NOT REFUND.

If you lose because seller provides a fake tracking number (likely) then post back for more advice.
If the item arrives and its tat the make sure you CHANGE the dispute quickly before it closes to 'not as described'.
If that does not work then if you funded your paypal payment via a card then contact your card issuer and see if they will do a chargeback for you.

Also make sure you have activated the below link in case you have to return it...or the one for your country.
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/returns

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

alisonrs
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice. There was a link for "report a problem" at the bottom of the details page for the transaction. All I could do there was give the URL of the company and upload a picture of what I ordered. I'll see where that goes.

Login to Me Too

Frymom
Contributor
Contributor
I was stupid enough to order 6 dolls. WHAT A JOKE. I have been back and forth with them got them to 60% and now the emails won’t go through! I hope PayPal will help, I always thought it was safer to use paypal. Now I’m not so sure
Login to Me Too

Dloposse
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered my 2 dolls on 9/27 and charge made on 9/28. “Dolls” received last week a little over 2 months after the order. The dolls I received look like I could have bought them at Dollar Tree. I have emailed them back and forth daily and they have gone from a 20% refund to 35% today. I am demanding a 100% refund and a prepaid return label. The are telling me I must pay for the return postage that will run around $40. My next step is to contact PayPal.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.