Waiting

Danny37334
Contributor
Contributor
I purchased a watch on 12-13-19 i was told i would receive a tracking number shortly on 12-17-19 after still no tracking number i contacted paypal to see if one was generated a dispute was escalated and after hours and hours on phone with merchant and paypal come to find out the merchant is saying the order was canceled on the night of the 13th I did not cancel the order PayPal said they're not able to cancel the order so as far as the merchant goes there is no order they're not going to respond to any of the messages or attempts that PayPal is making so when I ask PayPal for a refund they're telling me I have to wait till a certain date to give the seller time to respond at which point I'm trying to explain to them the seller is not going to respond because as far as they're concerned the order was canceled shortly after it was placed and the merchant / seller is saying the order was canceled due to something that PayPal has done when I call PayPal about it and spoke with an agent and ask to speak with a supervisor they hung up on me oh well lesson learned do not shop online anymore it wouldn't be so bad but the watch was supposed to be a Christmas gift for somebody and for whatever reason the order didn't go through and I'm still here waiting on a refund
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danny37334 

Once a dispute is escalated to a claim, paypal normally gives a deadline of 10 days for the seller to privide trackable proof of delivery or you get a refund BUT if its an international transaction then it can be extended to 30 days.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danny37334
Contributor
Contributor
But the only thing I don't understand is Paypal knows already that they are not going to respond within that time frame they already have been informed that as far as Invicta that's who the watch company that I purchased the watch through they're not going to respond or issue tracking numbers or nothing as far as they're concerned the matter is dropped PayPal knows this and they're still making me wait on my refund since Invicta is telling me that it was canceled and it had something to do with PayPal the night of the purchase I'm tending to believe they sent PayPal is making me go through all this red tape just to get my money back PayPal I spoke with an agent and they advised me to contact Invicta and tell him to proceed with the order that they still had my money and once they got a shipping number they release it and I contacted Invicta and done exactly what I was advised by the PayPal agent the next day and Invicta said if I wanted to make a new purchase that's fine a new order but they could not go through with the existing order since it was cancelled and that I would have to put up money again which I couldn't at the time cuz PayPal has it it's just frustrating because PayPal knows the circumstances surrounding this case and it's like they don't want to do anything sooner they want me to wait the whole deadline knowing that they're not going to respond
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Danny37334 

Paypal disputes are mostly automated, you have to wait for them to run their course.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.