Wait!

Jimfab4ever
Contributor
Contributor

Hello everyone i'm sure i should know the answer to this but sorry to say i don't. I purchased an item and when i received the item it was broken in 2 pieces so i contacted the seller and let them know! Seller told me to take a lot of pictures so they can put a claim in at the Post Office. So my question is do i have to wait till the Post Office refunds the seller before i get my money back? Any input would be appreciated as i want to do the right thing! Thanks Jim

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @Jimfab4ever,

Thank you for wanting to do the right thing. Your protection from PayPal is not contingent upon a successful claim that the seller makes. The seller's pursuit of compensation from their shipping contractor is separate from the PayPal dispute process. You do have up to 180 days from the date of the transaction to open a dispute, but the knowledge that the item is not as described now is something that may be acted on immediately if you choose to do so.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.