WOW...what has happened to PP? I'm a 15 + year account and being held up by a chinese scammer....

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

PP might be involved in some international scams. Im STILl waiting on a refund for an item NEVER RECEIVED. Been 2 months...>WTF is going on at PP?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

bburned
Contributor
Contributor

In early June, I ordered a corn hole1 corn hole golf game for $22.99 + $8.99 shipping from a site whose storefront said treegens. Almost 3 weeks later, I received 1 yellow foam golf ball and a business card that said if I need to request a refund, to send an email to xxxx. I did request a refund, and their reply said they had sent me what I had ordered. Nowhere on the treegens item order page was there an option to buy only 1 foam golf ball. And NO ONE in their right mind would pay a total of $31.98 for 1 foam golf ball! This is clearly a scam: Search online for treegen + scam and you'll see sites like TrustPilot and ScamPulse showing dozens of reports from other people who were also scammed this same way I was. I started a refund request for this on July 24.  The original estimated case resolution date was August 20.  Then it changed to August 27.  Now it has been changed AGAIN to September 3.  PayPal does not document or notify me that this date keeps getting postponed.  I just tried calling and after several reroutings in their phone system, it hung up on me.  If someone at PayPal will read my messages about this, they'll see that I WAS SCAMMED BY THIS SELLER / PAYPAL USER.  Yes, the Seller has proof that they sent me something but THAT'S THE SCAM:  IT WAS NOT WHAT I ORDERED and I am one of MANY other Buyers whom this SELLER SCAMMED.  Is PayPal so messed up that they can no longer do the right thing and REFUND MY $31.98 and shut down that PayPal user's account???? 

Login to Me Too

maggie012
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered a patio set on the 3rd July. Received a ring in a box which is on its way back to China. Hopefully when it arrives, I will get my refund. My expected resolve date has just moved to the 3rd Sept.

Login to Me Too

perplexed_user
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@bburned 

Welcome to our collective nightmare. This scam has been around (as I found out from reading this forum) for at least 2 years, and PP surely knows about it, and variants of the scam.

Nothing illegal on the surface on what PP is doing, which is nothing; they don't feel they have an obligation to protect victims of scams that use their platform as the transaction vehicle.

That said, some has been able to get refunds by contacting customer service, which as inadequate as it seems, does sometimes have a rep that will help. Use chat, that seems to be the only effective way as reported here; get past the bot questions and talk to live agent, than explain your situation.

Login to Me Too

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

Im getting the "get this intranet form" from the messaging crew. is there a telephone number for PP anymore? THIS IS REDICKULIS! I own som of their stock too!!!!  The burden of proof is on the SHIPPER not me...Anyone that is caught up in this scam should be part of a class action. PP is keeping the money ultimently.....

Login to Me Too

kpatton416
New Community Member

Hi @bburned  - I had the EXACT same issue!! I tried to address this with the seller to no avail so I opened a case with PayPal. They told me they looked into it and couldn't refund me because I received the product. What joke! I received the same yellow foam golf ball. I even filed a case with the post office. I had no idea what the ball was for as the return address was not the same as I had ordered from. I ordered a bean bag corn hole game for Father's Day from this company.  I also asked for my $31.98 back from the seller and PayPal. They emails from the seller come from a different Chinese person every time who tells me they sent me the item and have a tracking number. DUH! Of course they do!  they sent a FAKE SCAM item! Come on PayPal!  This has happened to  more than one person. You need to shut their seller account down and refund us our money.  I bought this as a Father's Day gift.  So nice of these Chinese scammers to take advantage of people during a pandemic. 

Login to Me Too

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

For some reason this is what i am thinking too....

Login to Me Too

dustyflair
Contributor
Contributor

THANK YOU PP REFUND ISSUED!!!! It should not be on me the buyer to prove the package went to my CONFIRMED address...Why else do we need confirmed addresses? Anyway, I learned a lesson on this....Even if the seller accepts PP dont alays trust them...PP should have a better verification system in place and require ANYONE selling something in the USA verify thru a REAL TELEPHONE NUMBER IN THE USA!!!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.