WHEN WILL PAYPAL TELEPHONE CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE BE REOPENED???

lionelflyerdave
Contributor
Contributor

Seems tome that Paypal is using the COVID19 as an excuse to save a few dollars by getting rid of half their workforce, when in fact, with everyone staying home, the need for Paypal services has never been greater. less than honest sellers on Ebay are taking full advantage of this situation, I have had more recent not as described junk sent to me than ever before, and I cannot contact paypal to do anything about it. oh, you can open a dispute, but instead  of the normal 10 days that sellers are given to respond to a claim, now it is close to a month, with no set amount of days, I tried the 'virtual help, after i typed all the info asked, then it said a response might take HOURS. I NEVER GOT A RESPONSE PERIOD. Not at all happy, every other business is is reopening and Paypal is a necessary business anyway, and should be taking customer calls. No excuse. 

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

wendywhiteusa
Contributor
Contributor

Me too. Since they aren't taking calls i'm using the messaging feature. I've been trying for 3 days now with no response. It says that an agent will be with you in so many minutes but nobody ever responds. There is no excuse for such terrible customer service!!

Login to Me Too

JoesGirl82
New Community Member
I have three purchases that need refunds after people from China has misled me in purchasing items totaling $146.00! I am so frustrated that I can’t get any help! The online dispute takes forever and am getting no results period!
Login to Me Too

fedup741
Contributor
Contributor

I gave up after 6 days on their useless message line, but I did copy all entries into a separate document, and when I submitted my formal complaint to the UK FOS, I used the record to claim for compensation for my time waiting on the computer for their noted response, which did not of course happen, so each 'Our agent will respond to your message within 1 hour' should attract one hour's cash compensation.

and don't forget, disruption to your work / life trying to get Paypal to resolve their problem, and compensation for stress etc.

Paypal only seems to care about profit, if enough of us claim compensation, that should hit them where it hurts.

Login to Me Too

NSullivan1206
New Community Member
Worse customer service, I waited 3 hrs and no one ever responded! I have never received my item and their advice states contact seller, but I have attempted and get no response! I feel PayPal should get my $$ back through his PayPal account. I’m so frustrated no one will respond to me!!
Login to Me Too

cooperthegoat
New Community Member

this has been so ridiculous since i work for myself i send my paycheck to paypal for faster deposit into my bank account but for some reason they limited my account randomly without an explanation now i have $4000 sitting in my paypal account not letting me send it to my bank account. this is the worst time to do this to me considering im trying to pay my rent. complete bull **bleep** and no respect for customers 

Login to Me Too

Johnnjohn2011
Contributor
Contributor
I bought something for 2100 usd and paid with PayPal, eBay cancelled transaction saying it was a scam And the person refunded via echeque which usually takes 10 working days to clear. Fine!! I waited then nothing but transaction showing pending. The transaction got cancelled 5 times and PayPal try to remove money over and over again from seller account t which either he cut off PayPal contact with his bank or don’t have enough funds in his account. I had numerous chat messages which took 3 days for response so each time and someone actually said I will get it in 22/6. Days past, I messaged them and they replied they would appreciate my patience whilst waiting. How much more patience do I need? They just reapplied to get money again and I know what’s coming, only for it to fail. Transaction day 24/5/2020 and today it’s 29/6!! Am I not patient enough? I even suggested credit the money to me by making the seller’s account in negative balance and then they can keep trying to pull money but obviously I should not be differing like this. Very bad service.
Login to Me Too

LeoFitzz
New Community Member

Damn paypal. They suddenly limited my account for no reason now the Covid thing. I have more than 5k in the balance which I need to run the business. They just freeze it without letting me know why and now I cannot contact them. I mean yes there’s an email and whatever but to be honest all of them are useless whoever reply the email has no authority to help me with “any problem” I start to regret choosing paypal now. Such a joke this company.

Login to Me Too

MrStacksPlz
Contributor
Contributor

Yea my family and my company have close our doors due to PayPal putting us out of business! Thousands of dollars mishandled by PayPal alone. They have gone from the best company to worst in a matter of months which is how long my issue has been in process of being handled. Thousand have been stolen no refund instead a hold on my account was placed which was the nail in the coffin 2 months back now we can’t operate under this theift that now I put on PayPal BBB was of no help as well so I said **bleep** it I’ll just pay PayPal off what they are asking for which isn’t even my 1 k balance still they stuck me with more b.s. sorry PayPal your the worst and have directly put me out of business . Thank you PayPal America my website company now will launch a site directly for PayPal and the complaints of there customers. We will review to our best and deliver top customer service to the last on the list PayPal customers ! All will be delivered to the BBB for further inquire. Independent Designs Company LLC. IndependentDesignsCompany.com please stay tune for launching website by us a Americans Company!! <removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.