WEB ID: 770510487 unrecognized charge on my Chase Savings account

littleteeth
Contributor
Contributor

Multiple fraudulent charges were taken from my Chase Savings account.

Starting from 2/13/2018: Inst Xfer Whatcom Hs Web Id: Paypalsi77 $3.00

3/15/18 <removed> Iat Paypal Web Id: 770510487C $1486.13

4/4/18 <removed> Iat Paypal Web ID: 770510487C $1487.00

4/23/18 <removed> Iat Paypal Web ID: 770510487A $1825.80

5/18/18 <removed> Iat Paypal Web ID: 770510487A $152.99

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

PayPal_Olivia

Hi @littleteeth,

I'm sorry to hear about the unrecognized charges. I'm happy to help. Are there corresponding transactions in your PayPal account?

If there are transactions in your PayPal account that you feel were unauthorized, please follow these steps to report the activity and resecure your account. 

If there are no transactions in your PayPal account, please contact customer support to report the activity in your bank or card account. A representative can search to find if the transactions were made on another established account or as guest payments, and help you with the next steps. You can contact customer support using the options found by clicking Help & Contact at the bottom of any PayPal page, or be reaching out on Facebook or Twitter.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

gparkerUFR
New Community Member

We have also had this issue occur this morning on one of our business accounts at Suntrust. 

There is nothing corresponding to the transaction on our Paypal account that is associated with that account.

In looking at our the daily report I print out from our bank the Bank Reference did not say PAYPAL as it usually would.  The Bank Reference says IVAN <removed>.  When looking at the detail it says "ACH DEBIT IVAN <removed> IAT PAYPAL770510487C".

Login to Me Too

staranddavid527
New Community Member
I have the same web ID taking money from my PayPal account as well. Who is it? How is this possible? I thought PayPal was secure.? The web ID that's currently using my PayPal is 770510487C. I don't know how to make it stop. Please any info on this topic is appreciated!
Login to Me Too

TheBo0mer
Contributor
Contributor
I had the same ID number with the C at the end charge $2.00 from my account, but upon further inspection, it turned out to be a donation I made to the Simple Tools Gallery app that I had forgotten about. This may not be your experience, but definitely check your PayPal account activity and click on the mystery charges to see more information. There should be an email attached to the ID that could potentially allow you to contact whoever charged you. Cheers!
Login to Me Too

Jennifer112
Contributor
Contributor

i disputed it through paypal and they closed the case and told me i authorized it. yet i never received an email from the company about the item purchased i messaged the company and was told i i would get a full refund! it has been 4 days no refund and now the website and contact info goes no where and due to covid-19 no one is working at paypal so there is nothing i can do!!! i have tried to report it and just keep getting the run around site tells me i have already reported it !!!!

Login to Me Too

austintb
Contributor
Contributor

I am sorry. I have no solutions except to report fraud to Chase claims services.  I am having these issues right now.  Over $20k stolen from my Chase Bank Account with no response from PayPal.

Login to Me Too

valbrownuk
New Community Member

Mine was a charge for $3.84 from Zara, where i do shop sometimes.  I never use paypal for online retail purchases, however, nor did i use chase or anything else for that.  so do we need to be canceling accounts??

Login to Me Too

Des09
Contributor
Contributor

now when i use xoom also appear this charge on my checking acct, they show the charge together with transaction i made 

Login to Me Too

trstern

How has this person been getting away with this for so long?! I disputed this charge with PayPal and somehow this person provided a legitimate looking tracking number and paypal rejected my claim.. This person set up 50 recurring payments of 199.10 on three different accounts connected to PayPayl! Luckily two of them arent even active anymore. 

Below is the contact email associated with the charge.

<removed>

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.