cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WARNING - UPCLICK / AVANQUEST ARE USING PAYPAL TO SCAM YOU.

johnripa
New Community Member

WARNING - UPCLICK / AVANQUEST ARE USING PAYPAL TO SCAM YOU.

HELLO ALL

WARNING

AVANQUEST USES UPCLICK TO SCAM YOU.

AVANQUEST OFFERS YOU A "FREE TRIAL" OF THEIR SOFTWARE PRODUCTS 

IF YOU DO THIS THEY PUT YOU ONTO A YEARLY SUBSCRIPTION FEE EVEN THOUGH YOU NEVER AUTHORISED THE PAYMENT.

BE CAREFUL OF THE SMALL PTINT.

THEY HAVE NOW TAKEN OUT 2 X $54AUD EVEN THOUGH I HAVE TRIED TO CANCEL THE ACCOUNT.

I ALSO TRIED TO LOG ONTO MY AVANQUEST ACCOUNT BUT THEY DID NOT HAVE MY EMAIL ON THEIR SYSTEM - PROVES I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH THEM.

I HAVE SENT ALL THE INFORMATION TO PAYPAL BUT THEY HAVE SIDED WITH AVANQUEST?

I AM SENDING OUT THIS WARNING.

HAVE A GOOD DAY. 

4 REPLIES 4
KoSAchilles
New Community Member

Re: WARNING - UPCLICK / AVANQUEST ARE USING PAYPAL TO SCAM YOU.

I am having this same problem right now! How did you resolve this and what is upclick/Avanquest?!? Hope to hear from you I'm feeling so stuck right now
Olesjamyfriend1
Contributor

Hallo! Auch mir ist der Betrug passiert, als ich arglos ein Treiber update von UpClick/Avanquest kostenlos aus dem Internet heruntergeladen habe. Hätte ich das nur geahnt. Sie rechnen nun zum 2. Mal den Betrag von 15,97 Euro ab ohne dass uch überhaupt ein Abonnement bestellt hätte. Zumdem ist nach Installation der Software mein Rechner abgestürzt und 10 Jahre Fotos auf der Festplatte sind weg. Betrug!
PerrY9703
Contributor

Exactly my experience

Macca17
New Community Member

I have had a similar experience. I purchased their photo software online. The link for the software activation does not work and they will not activate the software. Their support line rang me on a Russian phone number and wanted to use log me in to access my computer (how dangerous is that?). They have used Paypal to charge my account and it just looks like a scam.