WARNING: Paypal mass email blocking 1000s of accounts!

jimthing
Contributor
Contributor

See and comment on this link: 

<Removed>

Suggestion is to wait 24 hours for a mass resolution from Paypal. 

Does anyone have any idea what this utter waste of time **bleep**-up is about? 

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

BrightCommerce
Contributor
Contributor

It's unfortunate that I'm not the only one, my top tier account has been in good standing since 2002, this is the first glitch I've ever encountered. Also, because I have a top tier account with Funds Now, I usually get someone on the phone immediately when I call. Today I've been on hold for 1 hr 36 minutes so far. VERY inconvenient for those of us that utilize PayPal as a business account. Good job PayPal (insert sarcasm here). 

Login to Me Too

MrEon6908
Contributor
Contributor

I know your pain, I was on hold for over an hour and nothing. Not even on their robot chat. Just no support at all. Hope you get resolution, I hope we all do. 

Login to Me Too

Oxtupus
Contributor
Contributor
I’m on hold and have been for 3 hours 41 min and I’m not hanging up. If they answer I’ll update.
Login to Me Too

Daikodoshi
Contributor
Contributor

got my account back just a bit ago!

Login to Me Too
Solved

jimthing
Contributor
Contributor

(Sorry for delay in getting back on this thread. My Community forum account was somehow banned until this morning [Tue.13.Oct.2020] for warning other users by simply linking to this thread from other repeat threads others users kept started. Don't ask how I managed to un-ban myself, lol!) 

Anyway to get back on topic... 

The solution here was nothing to do with users submitting evidence or not. 

This seems to have been a mass glitch by Paypal, which (as I said on the top of this thread in the original post) was rectified by Paypal within 24hours during Sat.10.Oct.2020, when they removed the limitations from accounts for all users that were affected by the bug. 

Hopefully that's now the end of the issue. 🙄 

Login to Me Too

chrisdude
Contributor
Contributor

@jimthingindeed mr jimthing, on the 10th of october 2020, I've also got an e-mail by paypal telling me about the error, and that they've unlocked my paypal profile again...

that was very good, and im happy that they've fixed this big issue/glitch....

also thank you for your good work in here, keeping us informed and updated on the whole situation, i really appreciate it.

Login to Me Too

MrAyres
Contributor
Contributor

I recently had my account placed in "permanently limited" status.  This was two weeks prior to this and it says for "violations of the acceptable use" policy.  But, I'm an ebay seller who sells electronics and collectables.  I've been with Paypal for two decades.  I've never been an issue, rarely (twice that I'm aware of) had ANY issue with a purchase.

I only write here because I need to know how to get to speak with someone who has actual answers.  Every rep I spoke to say a "mass algorithm" was run and I looked like an outlier.  They each said it looked like my account would be reinstated but tonight, I received the email saying it was for violations of the acceptable use section but not what I'm accused of violating?  Same types of transactions for 20 years.  I'm at a complete loss.

Thanks for any help. 

Login to Me Too

jimthing
Contributor
Contributor

@MrAyres - Your issue is a different "permanent limitation", and unrelated to the is thread, which was about a mass temporary limitation bug. 

Please start a new thread accordingly. 

Login to Me Too

MrAyres
Contributor
Contributor

I did but it doesn't appear to have taken foot in this community.  I'm at a complete loss and waiting for their call, today.  

Login to Me Too

Ayim29
Contributor
Contributor
1000: Paypal mass email blocking 1000s of accounts!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.