WARNING: Paypal mass email blocking 1000s of accounts!

jimthing
Contributor
Contributor

See and comment on this link: 

<Removed>

Suggestion is to wait 24 hours for a mass resolution from Paypal. 

Does anyone have any idea what this utter waste of time **bleep**-up is about? 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

jimthing
Contributor
Contributor

(Sorry for delay in getting back on this thread. My Community forum account was somehow banned until this morning [Tue.13.Oct.2020] for warning other users by simply linking to this thread from other repeat threads others users kept started. Don't ask how I managed to un-ban myself, lol!) 

Anyway to get back on topic... 

The solution here was nothing to do with users submitting evidence or not. 

This seems to have been a mass glitch by Paypal, which (as I said on the top of this thread in the original post) was rectified by Paypal within 24hours during Sat.10.Oct.2020, when they removed the limitations from accounts for all users that were affected by the bug. 

Hopefully that's now the end of the issue. 🙄 

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
33 REPLIES 33

thedreaming
Contributor
Contributor

Just happened to me today.  I logged in and simply added 2-pass authentication and boom, the email was sent almost immediately.  They are asking for two things that make no sense to me.  One, a photo id and two copies of receipts from my supplier.  That's all well and good except for one, I don't have a supplier cause I just use paypal for things I buy online and two I'm not giving them my photo id for any reason what so ever.  I rather delete my account, which I just tried but because of those two little items that need resolving first, I can't.  If this is some sort of mistake and they roll it back, I'm deleting my account as soon as I am able.

Login to Me Too

J3ff24
Contributor
Contributor
I am getting that too! They wanted a ITIN or SSN because someone paid from goods sellers how the hell would i know who’s unauthorized From ebay?? I just wait for their payment and that’s it! I only sell basketball cards there and now i can’t withdraw my money from paypal!!! Who else gets this kind of restrictions currently??
Login to Me Too

notconstant
Contributor
Contributor

Probably Paypal got hacked? I got locked at of my account and im not a seller. RIDICULOUS 

Login to Me Too

J3ff24
Contributor
Contributor
You’re getting same problem too?
Login to Me Too

VNonsense
Contributor
Contributor

Same here! Asking me the same questions, demanding proof of fulfillment and receipt from my supplier along with information about a transaction that doesnt exist and a photo ID. 

I don't sell anything! So it's literally impossible for me to answer some of these questions. My account is just trapped until Paypal fixes whatever they broke today.

Login to Me Too

Tao27
I’m in the same boat, I only buy 😡
Login to Me Too

J3ff24
Contributor
Contributor
I guess it happens to a lot of people even if you’re only a buyer and a seller. It’s frustrating because i’ve been selling for more than 2 yrs now and this is the first time i experience stupidity like this! I want my money to be withdrawn and after this not gonna use paypal anymore!!! Btw, i am still on hold for apparently 3-5hrs!!!
Login to Me Too

boonchuan

Same problem for me, a Case number that never exist

Login to Me Too

MrEon6908
Contributor
Contributor

Well this is absolute crap. All I did is pay someone money and now my account is locked? Done this hundreds of times, and now they want more info? And they want supplier info when I've never used one? And seller info even though the last time I sold something was MONTHS ago? Good **bleep**ing god Paypal, get your **bleep** together. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.