WARNING: OASNOVA or Cowry List Fraudulent Seller! - PayPal is not protecting customer rights

aslatt08
Contributor
Contributor

TL;DR - OASNOVA or Cowry List isn't accepting a valid return and PayPal is not protecting consumer rights.

I ordered swimsuits from a company I learned about from an Instragram ad and I paid for the items through PayPal. I never received a confirmation or tracking number until I contacted the company. I received the items July 7, 2020 and requested to return return them on July 10, 2020 by following the website's directions to email them within 30 days of the transaction. On PayPal, the transaction says the seller info is OASNOVA and the contact email is. I have contacted the seller multiple times by emailing them directly from their website (Cowrylist.com) to initiate a return. I have received the same response: I need to send them pictures of the product. Their website says they accept returns - nothing says conditional returns.  Additionally, when the customer service representatives have actually responded, it has occurred between 10:00pm EST and 8:00am EST, thus making it difficult to get a quick resolution. Based on what I have found online, this company essentially doesn’t exist. I wish I had done research on it before I bought anything from it. PayPal lists the seller information as “OASNOVA,” but the company I bought from is called Cowry List. My bank statement shows the transaction as “SHA MEN PAO BU ZHE DIAN ZI SHANG WU IAT PAYPAL.” I also learned that the domain name was purchased less than 6 months ago.

I have messaged PayPal multiple times and have been transferred to many different agents. I opened a case against the seller and it was denied. When I messaged PayPal again, I was transferred to the Dispute Department and FINALLY interacted with an understanding agent. Her name is Carla (I think this is her handle: <removed>). She actually read through my messages and made me feel relieved. However, one day later I received a notification that my dispute was denied. I was not given a reason for the denial. Did the seller respond? What did the seller say? Why was my case denied? 

OASNOVA dispute: Paypal not responding correctly Caution!!! Paypal enables fraud 

#customerservice #paypalcustomerservice #customerrights 

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Rxsenior
Contributor
Contributor
There is a fraud ring operating using Paypal to help them in their fraud. Paypal does not seem to care. Paypal should be pro active or people will stop using Paypal to buy things online. I will be using my visa card to make future purchases if this is their response to fraudulent transactions.
Login to Me Too

Ucla96Alum
Contributor
Contributor

I'm having this exact same issue.  They were giving the same random responses and delaying giving me a direct answer as to my exchange inquiry.  When I was firm about receiving an answer to my exchange request, I was told the below which I have copied and pasted from their email to me.  So basically, the return costs the same or more than the garment itself because you're likely shipping it back overseas, even though the return address on the package said it came from Inglewood, CA.  So they likely make you ship it back overseas and make it so difficult so you won't bother to do it.  Shady business practices for sure.  I will not be ordering from them again.  Luckily, I only spent $38 with them so it wasn't the worth the bother for me to return it since they won't guarantee it will even be received.  Just wanted to warn others not to purchase from them if you're concerned about their return/exchange policy, as it is not good.

You are responsible for the return freight, about $30-$40,then we check within 1 week after we receive the return parcel, we will refund the price of product/s, not including shipping fee as we had shipped it. 
You could order a new item. 

Please be sure to give me the tracking number and carrier of your return. If we can't find your tracking information, we can't find the returned item, nor can we refund it to you.

If you sure above info, we will show you return address and product info.

Login to Me Too

Chaseset
New Community Member

Exact same for me.  Please see my reply from Chaseset -  Can't use Paypal now or buy online it seems due to all the fraud out there - 

Login to Me Too

heynineteen
Contributor
Contributor

I am going through the same thing...I find it sad that PayPal will allow this type of fraud to keep happening.  I have put a dispute in with my credit card company against PayPal -- we will see what happens.  Shame on you PayPal!

Login to Me Too

Chaseset
New Community Member

I ordered two tankinis, both sizing not right.  Contacted customer service and they wanted pictures of the suits for sizing.. Sent pictures.  Now, they are stating that they are only accepting refunds to their warehouse in China and that my shipping fees would be more than I paid for the suits.  So, they are not allowing a refund.  Their website states, new, unused with tags available for refund within 30 days of receiving.  This was all followed.  Looking for their address to put in a complaint to the BBB, but that is not even on their website.

Login to Me Too

SharonWyse
Contributor
Contributor

Same with me! They even offered me money to keep the items. Shame on paypal for authorizing this! I opened up another dispute. This company is a fraud!

This is what I wrote paypal...cant even get someone to respond. Will not use paypal again...This company does not allow you to return the unused items. Instead they offer you money to keep the items. If you look at scamdoc.com and type in cowrylist.com you can see that this has happened to other customers as well https://www.scamdoc.com/view/300625 My only mistake was that I paid for these bathing suits with paypal instead of my bank because my bank would have looked into this more and disputed this charge for me. I requested a return of the unused items within the 15 days I received them (which the website states you can return within 15 days) and they would not send me a return address or issue a refund. I parcel did not contain a purchase slip or a return slip/information like other companies do. You are supporting a business that is scamming its customers. I would like this case reopened and looked into.

Login to Me Too

Rxsenior
Contributor
Contributor
Never, never pay with paypal!!! Use your visa card. Usually companies who have terrible customer service eventually go out of business.
Login to Me Too

Bchiasson
New Community Member
I also filed a claim to PayPal and it was denied once, and then again even after I added more detail from them. I don’t understand why they won’t refund us even though so many people have had the same issue?
Login to Me Too

SharonWyse
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal <bleep> and I will never use it again to pay for anything. They actually approved my case and told me to return the bathingsuits to china. Only problem was the address thay gave me wasnt even a deliverable address?! So I would have paid $40 to send the bathingsuits to China and they never would have gotten delivered. Even when you googles the address it didnt come up. What a joke. Next time Ill use my Chase card- they protect their customers.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.