Vision Computers LLC

rh51
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone received an email from "Vision Computers LLC"?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alderbar 

@rh51 

@Justusowls 

@josephmpjr 

@J350 

If its a spoof then NEVER USE ANY LINK. Just ignore and delete, if its in your junk mail then you don't even have to read it.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Algee1
New Community Member

I just received a email today with a purchase of a computer

Login to Me Too

Kokohed13
New Community Member
I also received a fraud comment saying I paid $499.00 for merchandise I DID NOT ORDER PURCHASE BUY REQUEST ETC!!! So get my account cleared up because I’m not paying anyone any $$ , Bob
Login to Me Too

tomaszfi
Contributor
Contributor
I get this email once a month. Keep checking my paypal statement and no money is deducted from my account thankfully but its annoying , anyone know how to fix this or what is it?
Login to Me Too

J350
Contributor
Contributor
They took out 449.99 which turned out to be 512.99. I happened to notice the purchase email in my trash and the number associated with the order had been blocked. If I didn’t review my trash emails I would have missed it.
Login to Me Too

josephmpjr
New Community Member

yes, I received email that I made purchase of $449.99 transaction with paypal on 2/24/2021. not so! under description of purchase just says, your order at vision computers llc. (856342). 

phone number listed is[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]/p>

address: <Removed>

San Jose, California <Removed>

sent copy of email to: spoof@paypal.com

Login to Me Too

Justusowls
New Community Member
Just got this email in my junk folder today
Login to Me Too

Alderbar
New Community Member

Yep, me too. I just happened to go through my spam folder and had 2 messages from Vision Computers with the message below.

I did not buy anything from them, and no money has been deducted from my PayPal account.

Not sure how they expect to scam me but this is obviously phishing.

"You sent a payment of 449.99 To Vision Computers llc."

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alderbar 

@rh51 

@Justusowls 

@josephmpjr 

@J350 

If its a spoof then NEVER USE ANY LINK. Just ignore and delete, if its in your junk mail then you don't even have to read it.

Firstly if the email/text addressed you as ''Dear Member'' / ''Customer'' / ''Client'' OR your ''email address'' then that confirms its a spoof as paypal would address you by your full name eg Dear John Smith.

Secondly if there was a link OR attachment in that email/text to ''cancel'' any transaction or ''confirm'' any details then again it would be a spoof.

If there was a problem with your account Paypal would not ask you to click on an unsafe link in an email or by downloading an attachment, they would direct you to log in normally and go to the resolution or the message centre for more information.

More info here >>
https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/how-to-spot-fake-emails-faq2340/2
https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/suspicious-activity

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

SilentBobNJ
New Community Member

Got another in my Junk folder today. This is not the only such scam. I've received similar emails, all referencing the same amount, but not always with a vendor ID. Today's is the first I've seen referencing Vision LLC. I delete them as soon as I see them, but they appear to be coming from either the same scammer or from a group practicing the same scam.

Can these be traced to on-shore actors, who the FBI can track down?

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.