Viperscool.com

LisaM4242
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone ordered from this website?  Just wondering if it's legitimate.  My daughter insisted it was but I'm a little concerned now.  Thanks!

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

Meyenat
Contributor
Contributor
Well, I did cuz my niece wanted some sunglasses that were 50% off. There was no email order confirmation and a PayPal receipt going to an entirely different company. I am now going with my gut and filing a dispute.
Login to Me Too

bobbij1
Contributor
Contributor

NOT legit!! I had the same problem. They are also going under the name of ViperSunglassesOutlet. They didnt respond when I asked why my order hadn't shipped. After much googling, I called the original store: Pit Viper Sunglasses. On their website, they mention there are fake websites that look just like theirs. They have a list of legit stores that sell their sunglasses and the 'viper' ones are not there.

I called the Pit Viper Co. and the lady told me Viperscool and Viper Outlet were both fake and they were aware of them! She apologized and said I have been scammed and need to file a claim. I did just that.

My grandson had sent me the  fake website info, and we got caught off guard - it looks EXACTLY like the real one! Hard lesson learned!

Login to Me Too

bobbij1
Contributor
Contributor

I have also reported this fake website to econsumer.gov

Login to Me Too

abbyyedwards
Contributor
Contributor

I just made this mistake too! how do i file a claim because i can not get a refund or cancel the order.

Login to Me Too

LisaM4242
Contributor
Contributor
Update: I just received a pair of sunglasses today. I'm pretty sure they're fake but I really don't know for sure. My daughter will still get them either way for Christmas. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully you will get yours soon.
Login to Me Too

mnelson3
New Community Member

Yep, it's a fake website. I checked with the real company at pitvipersunglasses.com and they said my order at the other site was not for their company. Can't believe how real the website looked, and it seemed like I was purchasing from the actual company. I disputed and paypal sent me a note saying it was "usual activity" for my account. Hopefully we will be sent fake items like someone else commented, otherwise the money is gone!

Login to Me Too

Meyenat
Contributor
Contributor
It is indeed a knockoff site. My mom managed to get the sunglasses though. It's hard to tell a difference, but when you look, you can see they are not the legit Pit Vipers!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.