<removed> or <removed> are these scam websites??

Woody12345
Contributor
Contributor

Please does anyone have information on <removed> or <removed> They appear to be selling very discounted products almost too good to be true.   I would like to ensure people are warned against these sites which aim to collect your data

Login to Me Too
96 REPLIES 96

Logan_UK
New Community Member

Hi all,

Another website top look out for is https://www.karfageonline.com

Purchased two items for £60.53 but charged £70.51. Went over the website and realised it was a fake (dead social media links, etc).

First time I have let my guard down but all is not lost.

On the advice of my bank, took screenshots of transactions and copy contact form asking for cancellation and refund (not that the company is going to take any notice) and after a period of 14 days, my bank can involve Mastercard due to the fraudulent activity. The site owner has to be given the right to reply.

Don't expect an immediate refund, it could take many weeks but if you have provided the required documentation, you should get the money back to your account in due course.

Best,

SJL

NB:  Vinayotap.com is now down but hoekwitshop.com is still up and running. (Note the Christmas theme on this site!)

Login to Me Too

Nehuy
New Community Member

Another one, https://www.roposhsale.com

A quick whois check shows you that the register is someone from Illinois, with a company named "NameSilo, LLC"

Login to Me Too

MikeAu
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered from one of these sites and almost immediately realised it was a a scam so emailed them asking them to cancel. They replied saying it was not possible but that the payment had only been authorised but they would not take payment.

I tried to cancel the authority on Paypal but this wasnt possible so I complained to Paypal via chat.

The scammers eventually took the payment but I complained again and Paypal then tried to contact them and received no reply so I was refunded the full amount. 

Login to Me Too

vvwlvwt
Contributor
Contributor

Hi! I just filed a complaint today and still waiting for the seller's reply. How long did you get the refund back and did you screenshot any documents? Thank you so much!

Login to Me Too

connielai
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered goods from www.hoharmarket.com

After paid via Paypal, found those comment regarding scam / fake of this email. I found that, same as comments, no contact phone no., no contact address, all FB, IG, Twitter icons are fake. I tried to stop payment not successful.

Now only can waiting the reply from Paypal. I tried to call HK hotline this morning and waited more than 1 hour still no one pick my call. What can I do?

Login to Me Too

katuzero
Contributor
Contributor

<removed>

Login to Me Too

kiteflyer2020
Contributor
Contributor

There seems to be a new scam site vialuzsale .com with the service contact email <removed> email address.   I was looking at a kite for 44 bucks that is normally 99. Comes with free shipping and a reel of line. I don't believe it for a minute. 

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@kiteflyer2020 

Chinese Web Sites or on Facebook easy to spot so buyer beware.

1. No return address on the returns policy............thats because the site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) BUT they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost nearly always more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number............if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. No company address information.
4. Great looking items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

VisionQuest
Contributor
Contributor

And <removed>

Also from <removed> mail adress

Login to Me Too

VisionQuest
Contributor
Contributor

Strange that all the addresses are removed.... Then the other way. Lincrosshop  dot com is a scam site.

I am happy that Paypal could refund the money. The email adress begins wit 4services and then vinayotap....

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.