Victim of watch scam from Li xiaowen

Bakerwd
Contributor
Contributor

This scam has been going on for some time now on Facebook; taking payment from PayPal. They advertise a very nice smart watch and send u a cheap $2.00 knock off. Very disappointed by PayPal. Started a dispute the day I received the watch. I received the canned response that everyone gets from Li Xiaowen. I refused to waste my time returning a $2;00 watch to China. I received a email from PayPal asking me to return the item to receive a refund. I decided to call to explain why this was a ridiculous request. They operator agreed and offered me two options. 1. Take a partial refund $34.00 or 2. File a claim with my credit card company. I reluctantly accepted to go with option one. 2 weeks later I received a email from PayPal informing me that my case had been closed because there was no reply from me about my dispute. I called again and PayPal claims that there is no record that I called them. I had no idea that this was a practice used by PayPal. I am shocked. I have been a member for years spending thousands of dollars through their system. I guess that our relationship has run its course. What's the point if they can not be trusted?

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

Fla2
Contributor
Contributor
I have had the same response from pay pal not only does there so not work properly they said I did not do this in time when I actually disputed sent emails daily until the cut off day. I think the protect the seller and. Or the buyer at all I eould not buy overseas through PayPal at all
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.