Victim of fraud, and Paypal has rejected my claims. What are my options?

cogzoid
Contributor
Contributor

My paypal account was hacked into a few weeks ago.  On a Sunday night, the hacker purchased $1661 worth of luxury watches and had them delivered to an address in a different city.  Within hours I noticed the charge and alerted Paypal, as well as the vendor.  I messaged the vendor through the website, directly through email, and even called them (no response).  A few days later I got a message from Paypal that my "unauthorized usage" claim was denied because "Based on our review, we found this transaction is consistent with your PayPal payment history."  I've never bought luxury anything in my life, especially jewelry, and I certainly don't have them shipped to another city across the state.

I was then told by customer service that they would help me if I claim the items were never received.  Which they weren't.  I finally got through to the vendor and he assured me he would make things better.  Well, after 2 weeks Paypal has rejected my claim saying: "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). This decision was made because we received shipment tracking from the merchant confirming that the merchandise was delivered."

What are my options?  Am I supposed to just pay $1661 as a cost of having a Paypal account?  Are there no protections against fraud?  Help!

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

lonzo1976
New Community Member
Superdroneplanet.com has done the same thing to me in the amount of $349.99 for services never rendered I never received anything from them but they charge, am I supposed to pay this, really??? Pay pal just lets thieves walk away with my money, if you did your research, you would find they already have taken down their website because they've been exposed to being a fraudulent company but I still have to pay?? I won't be using your services anymore, I'll use my own credit card, fraudulent thieves
Login to Me Too

John591
Contributor
Contributor

I too was mislead by the fact that the merchant (in this case superdroneplanet.com) was associated with PayPal.  I made the assumption (erroneously, it appears) that PayPal actually vets their merchants and attempts to prevent fraud.  After never receiving any communication of any kind from the merchant (no telephone number available, no answer to the email address which I received from PayPal after reporting the issue), I reported the issue and PayPal said they received tracking information on the order and so denied my claim.  I followed up with UPS and the tracking number was for a different person, a different address and a different date than what I had ordered, but PayPal still denied my claim.  I provided them with the information from UPS, but they still denied my claim.  Does anyone know how we can get this reviewed and corrected?  Better yet, how can we get PayPal to remove these fraud sites from their list of approved merchants so no one else gets misled by the PayPal association and defrauded as we have been?  Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Onyx_C
New Community Member

SuperDronePlanet, Paypal and UPS also stole my money.  It looks like SuperdronePlanet has opened a new website called djimavicmini.topsell.me/856  They didn't bother changing their bogus customer service e-mail gmail account (superdroneplanetus)

How do we get PayPal to recognize they are fraudulant?

Login to Me Too

John591
Contributor
Contributor
I don’t know. I submitted one request, PayPal closed it, I submitted another case with more information and PayPal closed that one as well. I tried to open another case with more information I have uncovered, but the system won’t let me open another case right now. I don’t know if they have a phone number to call; I may try that next. If you have any ideas, let me know.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.