Very Dissatisfied with Paypal's lack of support to address case of SCAM goods

zhphansen
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone every received any support in getting a claim resolved with PayPal?

I ordered something on line that was supposedly a "Deluxe Reclining Camping Chair"  supposed to have it's own carrying case, hammock style swinging chair etc... I got something that I couldn't even use as a foot rest (for 1 foot).  I provided all the details to PayPal, Pictures, Captures of information from the site, the Invoice information etc... after over a month.  Paypal informs me they have a settlement with the seller that I could return the product back to the seller for a refund but had to return within 10 days.  I missed this message while I was out of town.  Two days after I return home, I got an email that my case was closed and rejected because I had not returned the parts in time.  Case Closed = No Recourse to get my money back.

Beware of PayPal.  They used to claim that it was the safe way to shop on line.  I have used them for 10+ years and never submitted a claim and the one time I do, they really were of no help.  They let this scam seller get away with it.  They should have just claimed my $$ back from this seller as it was Cut and Dry PURE SCAM.   

Do not use PayPal.  They provide Nothing for you.  

Tell all your friends as it is a false sense of security.  At least with Credit card companies, they are willing to reverse the charges.

This Post is going everywhere I can post it.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

damitws6
Contributor
Contributor

I have similar situation.

I ordered a garbage can. I was shipped garbage bags. (omg wtf). I have 180 day to open the case. It still hasn't been 180 days but my case has been closed. They closed my case without using the information I sent them and without getting more information. I replied asking why and now the message just says "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection" without explanation. I went to send a message in the resolution center at 4pm. They responded at 11:30 pm and then disconnected and closed the case.

I will no longer be using PayPal. 

Login to Me Too

zhphansen
Contributor
Contributor
Spread the word as this is total B.S. I've ised PayPal for Years thinking I was protected. First time I try to get a claim and it is rejected. I won't be using them either.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.