cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Dissatisfied with Paypal's lack of support to address case of SCAM goods

Highlighted
Contributor

Very Dissatisfied with Paypal's lack of support to address case of SCAM goods

Has anyone every received any support in getting a claim resolved with PayPal?

I ordered something on line that was supposedly a "Deluxe Reclining Camping Chair"  supposed to have it's own carrying case, hammock style swinging chair etc... I got something that I couldn't even use as a foot rest (for 1 foot).  I provided all the details to PayPal, Pictures, Captures of information from the site, the Invoice information etc... after over a month.  Paypal informs me they have a settlement with the seller that I could return the product back to the seller for a refund but had to return within 10 days.  I missed this message while I was out of town.  Two days after I return home, I got an email that my case was closed and rejected because I had not returned the parts in time.  Case Closed = No Recourse to get my money back.

Beware of PayPal.  They used to claim that it was the safe way to shop on line.  I have used them for 10+ years and never submitted a claim and the one time I do, they really were of no help.  They let this scam seller get away with it.  They should have just claimed my $$ back from this seller as it was Cut and Dry PURE SCAM.   

Do not use PayPal.  They provide Nothing for you.  

Tell all your friends as it is a false sense of security.  At least with Credit card companies, they are willing to reverse the charges.

This Post is going everywhere I can post it.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
New Community Member

Re: Very Dissatisfied with Paypal's lack of support to address case of SCAM goods

I have similar situation.

I ordered a garbage can. I was shipped garbage bags. (omg wtf). I have 180 day to open the case. It still hasn't been 180 days but my case has been closed. They closed my case without using the information I sent them and without getting more information. I replied asking why and now the message just says "The case was closed as this transaction is ineligible for PayPal Purchase Protection" without explanation. I went to send a message in the resolution center at 4pm. They responded at 11:30 pm and then disconnected and closed the case.

I will no longer be using PayPal. 

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Very Dissatisfied with Paypal's lack of support to address case of SCAM goods

Spread the word as this is total B.S. I've ised PayPal for Years thinking I was protected. First time I try to get a claim and it is rejected. I won't be using them either.