Vernal Technology Ltd.

dpopkins
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from this company? I ordered a small telescope/cellphone attachment. Never got it!  

Login to Me Too
68 REPLIES 68

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor

Yes as you state, Paypal needs to get their act together, as these chinese scammer companies are using Paypal as a vehicle to con people into thinking they are a legitimate company.

I have reported this company to paypal on a number of occasions, but they seem as though they are not taking this issue seriously, as these scammers are still allowed to trade through Paypal . 

Login to Me Too

6inarow
Contributor
Contributor

Don’t you wish you had seen all the warnings before you attempted to purchase from this company.

PAYPAL should be ashamed of themselves allowing this to happen to innocent punters and basically support a scam, despite what we now read are years of fraud. Cannot understand if this is a PayPal community messaging system, that someone in their corporation cannot read the bad press they are receiving and do something about it.

Today I have spoken directly to my credit card company, who pay the PayPal account, and they expect to be in a position to debit PayPal and credit me. Seems to be only solution!!

Login to Me Too

Booper38

I was charged for an item that I never ordered and was never delivered.  PayPal should drop this company!!!

Login to Me Too

Raysims1
I purchased a fire pit and they keep saying they cant find a tracking number for me. I have saved all of their emails. I want a refund. Paypal needs to get involved here. There are to many people being scammed. If this doesn’t get resolved im leaving pay pal and going elsewhere.
Login to Me Too

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor

This company is a scam.If they do eventually send the fire pit it will not be the size that you ordered, as this has happened to myself and others in this thread, it will be about 10" high. 

If paypal asks you to send the item back to the supplier, please refuse, as the postage costs more than PayPal maximum postage refund which is £15, ao you will end up not only fighting for your original purchase amount, but will be out of pocket on the postage.

I contacted my card company in the end and they refunded my money back into my account, but don't wait too long before going down this route 

Login to Me Too

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor

Well let me tell you, if it ever arrives it won't be as the one you ordered. I ordered the large fire pit and when it finally arrived after a lot of emails back and forth, was a small replica about 10" in diameter. 

The company then can say to PayPal that they have delivered the item. Paypal then dismisses your dispute. 

Login to Me Too

MrGold86
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered the telescope in October and it finally arrived 12/23.  But it is useless, when it did work a couple of times couldn't really see anything with it.  On top of that, the magnification lens fell over inside the tube right away.  Total junk from a scam outfit that doesn't even have the same website I ordered it on.  I told Paypal I want to return for a 100% refund, and Vernal told them it is okay for me to return it, and provided address.  But then I went to UPS store and found out it will cost $120 to ship it back, for a device I paid $56 for.  I've asked if I can ship to the US address that shipped it to me, and awaiting reply.

Login to Me Too

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor
Yes you are correct in assuming that this is a scam company as it is They rely on the fact that it is more expensive to return the item as the cost is always more than the item is worth and also the fact that PayPal will only reimburse you for postage to a maximum of £15 I have notified PayPal on numerous occasions that this company is a scam, but it looks as if PayPal is more interested in generating revenue from sales than it is in costumer services to the buyer, so this company and others like it will be able to continue scamming PayPal customers
Login to Me Too

Suncrest
Contributor
Contributor

I ordered Fire Pit 3 months ago. Money went immediately nothing has arrived. Tons of email, said it was delivered. Then when I fought that it ws going to be resent.  I've been scammed by Facebook and PayPal and just want others to avoid if possible.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.