Vernal Technology Ltd.

dpopkins
Contributor
Contributor

Has anyone purchased from this company? I ordered a small telescope/cellphone attachment. Never got it!  

Login to Me Too
68 REPLIES 68

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor

I have contacted PayPal with regard to this scam site.

This is the email that I have sent: 

I would like to report a site that is selling items to customers that is not as advertised.  I have looked on the PayPal community site and there are quite a lot of postings regarding this company. One of the he names of this  company is Vernal Technology Ltd., but I also think they go under other name too.

This company is operating a scam and should be removed from using a PayPal account, as it tricks customers into thinking it is a genuine seller, when in fact it is just the opposite.
I would like a response to this email, explaining what actions you are taking to rectify this problem 
Brian Clark 
Login to Me Too

MCombs
Contributor
Contributor
Very sad that during this pandemic we are all trying to stay home and shop online. However, we are not supported by Paypal to Black List companies that scam us out of hard-earned money with a fraudulent site like Vernal Technology Ltd!!
Login to Me Too

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this happened to myself and I am going through the process of trying to get a refund.

I have sent the item back to the seller in China as requested and forwarded the post office receipt to PayPal and awaiting the outcome. 

I have been in contact with email today and they tell me it will be the 29th November before I will get a further notification, so I will keep you all posted on the outcome  

Login to Me Too

Temp20201214s
Contributor
Contributor

Here is the situation as I understand it. I bought the Telescope and camera addon upgrade. All up it converted to about $116AUD. I received and  confirmation  tracking number. The tracking number was a Chinese one. Anyhow the package started its journey and ended up Shanghai. It sat there for over 2 months - I wrote that off to Covid-19 and the somewhat strained relations between Australia and China.

Anyhow last Monday I checked and supposedly it was delivered on the previous Friday (13 Nov). Checked our security cameras for the time it was 'delivered'. Nothing. So I reported it to Australia Post and waited. Today I received the following from Australia Post:

Australia Post - resolution.JPG17Track - Telescope.JPG

Hope this is useful to others who have been ripped off.

Andrew

Login to Me Too

Temp20201214s
Contributor
Contributor

A further update on this 'SCAM' - There are multiple entities liked to my transaction

• Vernal Technology Ltd
  • MICROER Technology Ltd
  • Pureriver

The Web sites and links are dead. This appears a scam initited in the USA but links back to China.

I would suggest do not deal with any of the above. If you see any of these names stay well away.

The following documents all ralate to the same purchase of a monocular telescope 'luxury' package to use with phone.

<removed>

PURERIVER.JPG

Login to Me Too

DMartin2020
Contributor
Contributor

I did the same thing with the same product (I think?). Paypal dismissed the complaint saying seller (Vernal) had provided shipping number. Vernal's reply was also a fake shipping number. I sent PayPal screenshots like you posted here too. Paypal is a joke. I provide all the information and PayPal still don't get it right. How many complaints have they received about this scammer alone now? A multi-billion dollar company won't cough up when they stuff up and let a scammer in. Oh well, I won't use PayPal anymore unless that's the only way to pay and I'll let everyone know PayPal are useless on fraud protection.

Login to Me Too

DMartin2020
Contributor
Contributor

I meant to reply to Andrew. I only joined this forum because of Vernal. I can't be bothered trying to navigate PayPal's resolution labyrinth anymore, I went to my bank to sort this out. I don't think PayPal even looked at the info I submitted. Vernal gave me/them two fraudulent tracking numbers. What is going on here? First time I've been scammed on the internet and PayPal have been absolutely useless... so much for buyer protection. Back to MasterCard.

Login to Me Too

MCombs
Contributor
Contributor
Hold up!! They are aware that this company is part of several investigations of fraud!! And yet Paypal still allows them to be part of the site?? Unbelievable!!
Login to Me Too

Iceman454
Contributor
Contributor
Don't buy off them they are scammers and say they send product and you never get it and when you asked PayPal to refund they say they have supplied a delivery number dont waste your money to frauds
Login to Me Too

brianclark4
Contributor
Contributor

Yes this company is a scam, but the biggest problem is that PayPal's dispute procedure is a waste of time, as they make you return the incorrect or faulty item back to the supplier, and the maximum they will reimburse is £15, so anything over this, you the buyer has to carry this and be out of pocket.

This has happened to me, so won't be using PayPal again   

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.