Verify butescii

Rhy46290
New Community Member

Anyone do any business with this company? Their website shows PayPal as an accepted form of payment. Will PayPal do business with a scam site? Not much comes up from a google search. I am apprehensive to purchase due to the prices being so low but I love to save money so I’m trying to dig deeper. Any feedback is welcome.

Login to Me Too
8 REPLIES 8

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Rhy46290 

Paypal would not be able to check every individual seller / merchant / company in over 200 countries worldwide that adds paypal to their website to accept payments.
So they give you 'some' buyer protection but the onus is on you to risk assess your transactions.

They do stop bad companies from using Paypal when enough claims start rolling in.
However as they are in China (mostly) then its easy for them to just start over with a new name, so stopping them does not really do anything.

The BEST thing is to not buy from them in the first place, to recognise them -

1. No return address on the returns policy. The site will look as if its in your country (where they despatch goods from) but they will ask for returns to go back to China (returns depot) at a shipping cost often more than the item is worth.
2. No contact telephone number. if you click on contact the most you will get is webmail or an email address.
3. Rarely company address information.
4. Great pictures of items at bargain prices that turn out to be tat.
5. Fake reviews.
6. Google and you can often see previous company names as they change them once enough claims roll in and Paypal stop them using their services and start over.
7. Send fake tracking numbers to win item non receipt of item claims.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

consumer07
Contributor
Contributor

Yesterday I ordered from butescii.com totaling $300 (kayaks). It seems too good a price to be true but I also figured PayPal guarantees the purchase so at the worst I will get a refund if butescii.com are scammers. This morning I was able to log in butescii.com and see the purchases in my account, so far so good. However, this afternoon I can't find the website or it won't load. Paypal made a note on my account that the funds will not be released until butescii.com ships my items. I wonder if there is a way for them to scam me even though I used PayPal for the payment. That would certainly negate the usefulness of Paypal if that were to happen. I have not actually been able to find any negative reviews about them. So... fingers crossed!

Login to Me Too

consumer07
Contributor
Contributor

Here is an update: Butescii.com scammed me. They showed a UPS tracking number that had delivered to my city but not my address. PayPal asked me to call UPS and obtain a POD form for the tracking number(s) the seller provided. I was able to get through to UPS after some effort on hold and through the automated phone system. UPS happily provided me with the POD forms via email which I forwarded to PayPal. The PODs showed the packages being delivered elsewhere. PayPal resolved my disputes in my favor. I did have to jerk around on the phone with UPS however PayPal did come through with refunds. Buyer beware.

Login to Me Too

Temp20210606f
Contributor
Contributor
I am currently in a dispute with them thru PayPal they took my money and no shipment. I opened a claim thru PayPal and than they entered shipping information but they said the package only weighed 6lbs for 2 kayaks???? Seriously lol, than I furthered the claim and they entered ANOTHER tracking #, this time the package only weighed 1 lb! So at this moment just waiting for PayPal to refund my money! DONT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY, it’s too good to be true!!! Complete FRAUD!!!
Login to Me Too

JenH2244
New Community Member

Personally this is a scam. I ordered and received a shipping number that shows already delivered to my town but not my address. The item shipped to my town was only 22.30 lbs and never received by me. The item I actually ordered was 618 lbs according to the description. I spoke to UPS and they said that this is a scam and these people are taking tracking numbers from businesses like Amazon that are going to the same town and **bleep** me out of my money. Filed claim with Paypal and they denied it even though the shipping was not shipped to me. I am out a lot of money and will be very hesitant to use Paypal or anyone else for purchasing online ever again. Beware.......

Login to Me Too

Temp20210406U
Contributor
Contributor

I was also scammed by Butescii.com on two orders of Adirondack chair sets that I ordered on March 17.  The company refuses to respond to emails, the phone number listed on the site is a nonworking number, and the “live chat” feature mentioned on the order confirmation does not even exist on their site. I filed a complaint with PayPal requesting a refund, and PayPal dismissed my claim after this scam company gave the two fake tracking numbers.  The numbers have the same problems others are complaining about.  It says they were delivered to my town but there is no house address, the package weights listed are nowhere close to the weights of the chairs I ordered, and of course I never received them. PayPal never bothered to check the validity of those numbers, and instead closed the case with no mechanism to let me reopen them. If PayPal doesn’t make this right, I will never use them again

Login to Me Too

SharonOlb
Contributor
Contributor

I think they’re a scam.  I ordered a product over two months ago and their website says “awaiting shipment”.  I emailed the email address given on the website and emailed the person associated with my payment transaction, Neither responded.  I tried calling but the phone number is a non-working number.

|[]

Login to Me Too

Temp20210606f
Contributor
Contributor
Hopefully you use PayPal to pay? The company is a scam! How they still let this company continue is ridiculous.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.